Dannydaninja

876 posts

Well i dont see nothing :)

[trollface]If you don't see nothing then you must see something[/trollface]

Posted Dec 16, '11 at 7:43am

Smokeshow

Smokeshow

68 posts

Currently I don't have a loading bar so you may have to wait a little while, sorry for that. As for now the character is just a place holder so I can test collisions and things like that. Thanks for the feedback and I'll be working on it a lot during the next few weeks so I'll have to come back to show you what I've improved.

Oh and as for the levels, they'll definitely be tons more that will be longer an more complex. The first few levels that are there are mainly made for teaching the player how to play.

I'm glad you like the concept!

Keep it up!

Posted Dec 16, '11 at 11:35am

sawIII

sawIII

4 posts

um whats the game called?

Posted Dec 17, '11 at 1:33pm

Freckls627

Freckls627

33 posts

The game is called Flow, but that's already taken by another game so I plan to re-name it Envo. I'm still open to ideas though so if you have any name ideas I'd love to hear them.

Posted Dec 17, '11 at 1:46pm

ScouseWarrior

ScouseWarrior

223 posts

I just tryed it, it's a really good game with alot of potentinal, keep at the work and you'll have a masterpiece, also it still doesn't load on Internet Explorer I had to play it on Google Chrome.

Posted Dec 17, '11 at 2:19pm

Freckls627

Freckls627

33 posts

Thanks ScouseWarrior.

I just updated the website so I checked my game and it works on the following browsers:

-Internet Explorer
-Google Chrome
-Mozilla Firefox
-Opera
-Safari

The website itself might look different depending on which browser you're using, I'm still working on the design so I'll fix that when I can.

Posted Dec 19, '11 at 2:57pm

aknerd

aknerd

1,275 posts

I played this in firefox, and it worked fine except for three bugs:

1) the mute button didn't seem to work in the opening menu. I couldn't find a mute button in the actual game.

2) If you are holding a block and click off screen, the box disappears. This is of course undesirable, since you only get so many boxes.

3) When I was sliding down a wall, and clicked on a gray box on the other side of the wall, my character teleported to through the wall.

Some other things: An arrow that pointed to the goal would be nice. On one of those levels I didn't really know which direction I should have been traveling in.

Maybe different sizes of blocks that you can pick up?

Posted Dec 19, '11 at 3:32pm

Freckls627

Freckls627

33 posts

Thanks for the feedback, it really helps me when people find things in my game that I don't anticipate.

To start off, the mute button is just a place holder for now, I plan to get that fixed as soon as possible.

The problem you had while sliding down a wall and getting pushed to the side has to do with the ability to place walls on yourself which I will get rid of in an update.

As for the 2nd problem you had, what exactly do you mean. If you clicked outside the flash game it would place a block? Or did you click and then drag your cursor, then placing blocks outside of the game? I tried it right now and I couldn't recreate clicking and placing blocks outside of the game. It could have something to do with my computer, but if you could get back to me that would be great!

And thanks for the ideas, I do plan to make the way to the objective more obvious those last two levels I know are very difficult to get through. I do plan on later adding different types of blocks as well to spice the gameplay up a bit.

Once again thanks for the feedback.

Posted Dec 19, '11 at 6:48pm

aknerd

aknerd

1,275 posts

As for the 2nd problem you had, what exactly do you mean. If you clicked outside the flash game it would place a block? Or did you click and then drag your cursor, then placing blocks outside of the game? I tried it right now and I couldn't recreate clicking and placing blocks outside of the game. It could have something to do with my computer, but if you could get back to me that would be great!

No, I was still clicking inside of the actual game, just not in the map. In the level where you start by having to slide down walls, and then make somewhere to land while sliding (the same place where I discovered the teleportation glitch), if you go far enough to the left, weird things happen. If you stand on top of that structure on the bottom left, you can pick up all of the little gray boxes. If you try to make a path to the left, you can only lay down two gray boxes to the left of where you are standing. Anything further than that, and they just vanish. If you are holding multiple boxes, and click far enough to the left, you lay down all of your boxes in the same square at once. When you click on this box, you pick up multiple boxes at once.

Posted Dec 19, '11 at 10:57pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

600 posts

It looks pretty good from my perspective, nothing wrong really, no glitches that I ran into; but it would make it easier to navigate the maps if there was a mini-map to show you where you were supposed to go. Also, I'm right handed, so trying to do the wall jumps in perfect succession became very taxing and gave my hand cramps. I would like the ability to also be able to use the arrow keys to move instead of trying to develop co-ordination in a hand that can do only menial tasks.

Reply to Hey guys, check out my game in progress

You must be logged in to post a reply!