Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Hey guys, check out my game in progress

Posted Dec 20, '11 at 12:11am

Freckls627

Freckls627

33 posts

Oh, nice I know exactly what you're talking about!
Pretty much I have an algorithm that keeps the blocks locked to a grid, when you go into negative space things start to go crazy and stack up on each other like you said. A fix is on the way don't worry. I do congratulate you for really pushing my game! It's really nice to have people like you who really go outside the boundaries of what most people test. Thanks for taking time to explain to me the problem in detail as well.

As for the arrow keys no problemo, I'll add that in as soon as I can.  I'm working on a way to make the maps more navigable too. I think I may have said this before, but I'll let you guys know when I'm about to push a big update.

Thanks for getting back to me and giving me feedback!

Posted Dec 20, '11 at 12:35am

Carlytoon

Carlytoon

329 posts

Hi :D
Did you remove objects that are not visible in the screen? that can really increase game speed and performance, and you can make larger levels without lagging.

Posted Dec 20, '11 at 6:53pm

kingzach

kingzach

22 posts

Wow, this looks nice. music is entertaining. graphics make me feel like I'm exploring he insides of a computer. pet peeve of mine is not being able to mute music or quit the level mid-game. If you could add a pause feature with muting and quit to level select, that would be awesome.

Posted Dec 20, '11 at 7:01pm

kingzach

kingzach

22 posts

I hate posting multiple times just after each other but I find that when I run against a gray box and jump, I get flung far the opposite way from the key I was holding down. Also, I hope you add more levels because four seems really short.

Posted Dec 20, '11 at 8:04pm

ScouseWarrior

ScouseWarrior

223 posts

This game, will be a good one when the full realese comes out

Posted Dec 20, '11 at 9:53pm

AsianBrandon

AsianBrandon

28 posts

I dont get how to play this game >.

Posted Dec 20, '11 at 10:02pm

AsianBrandon

AsianBrandon

28 posts

wait, it was just a bug. I just had to refreshed, but great game.

Posted Dec 21, '11 at 8:30am

getanewhouse

getanewhouse

45 posts

That's pretty cool. I like the graphics set. And the instructions are in he game play. I think this one will do pretty well.

Posted Dec 21, '11 at 11:38am

mightybob

mightybob

353 posts

very  nice... the music gets a little annoying after a while but maybe that's just me.

Posted Dec 21, '11 at 1:59pm

Freckls627

Freckls627

33 posts

Thanks for all the feedback!

I'm writing down all the things you guys have to say and I'll definitely be pushing an update within a week or two, maybe a small one before the holidays hit.

Mightybob I can definitely see how the music can get annoying, so I'm working on making it longer and more subtle, and of course adding a mute button.

I really appreciate what you guys have to say and I appreciate all the support!

Reply to Hey guys, check out my game in progress

You must be logged in to post a reply!