ForumsProgramming ForumHey guys, check out my game in progress

56 24639
Freckls627
Freckls627
31 posts
Nomad

I've been working on this for a little over a month and would like to hear what you guys have to say about it.

[url=http://people.rit.edu/sbm3990/309/Game/Flow.html]

• 56 Replies
Freckls627
Freckls627
31 posts
Nomad
Smokeshow
Smokeshow
69 posts
Peasant

This wont load :/

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

That looks like it has a lot of potential. The menu and UI design are excellent. There are a few problems such as uncomplex level design and the art of the main character looking bad, but i assume these issues will be addressed later in development.

This wont load :/

Yes it does.
Smokeshow
Smokeshow
69 posts
Peasant

Yes it does.

Well i dont see nothing
Freckls627
Freckls627
31 posts
Nomad

Currently I don't have a loading bar so you may have to wait a little while, sorry for that. As for now the character is just a place holder so I can test collisions and things like that. Thanks for the feedback and I'll be working on it a lot during the next few weeks so I'll have to come back to show you what I've improved.

Oh and as for the levels, they'll definitely be tons more that will be longer an more complex. The first few levels that are there are mainly made for teaching the player how to play.

I'm glad you like the concept!

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Well, you need to correct some bugs, when I open the link in Internet Explorer the game dont load, but when I open the link in Chrome the game starts.

Looks pretty good, did you use a game library or you make this from scratch?

Freckls627
Freckls627
31 posts
Nomad

Thanks,

I don't know why the the game doesn't work in IE that's something I have to work on.

Yep, everything in the game was made from scratch by me, physics and all

Freckls627
Freckls627
31 posts
Nomad

Actually, I did use the caurina tweening library for the menu's.

Bladesam
Bladesam
74 posts
Farmer

It looks like it could be a pretty cool game. I would like to see, like master565 said, many more levels, more complex levels, and longer, much longer levels later on.

For the longer levels, please make sure that you add checkpoints so people do not get frustrated too quickly. (Also, you could add other ways of dying other than just falling to infinity.)

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Well i dont see nothing

[trollface]If you don't see nothing then you must see something[/trollface]
Smokeshow
Smokeshow
69 posts
Peasant

Currently I don't have a loading bar so you may have to wait a little while, sorry for that. As for now the character is just a place holder so I can test collisions and things like that. Thanks for the feedback and I'll be working on it a lot during the next few weeks so I'll have to come back to show you what I've improved.

Oh and as for the levels, they'll definitely be tons more that will be longer an more complex. The first few levels that are there are mainly made for teaching the player how to play.

I'm glad you like the concept!

Keep it up!
sawIII
sawIII
5 posts
Nomad

um whats the game called?

Freckls627
Freckls627
31 posts
Nomad

The game is called Flow, but that's already taken by another game so I plan to re-name it Envo. I'm still open to ideas though so if you have any name ideas I'd love to hear them.

ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

I just tryed it, it's a really good game with alot of potentinal, keep at the work and you'll have a masterpiece, also it still doesn't load on Internet Explorer I had to play it on Google Chrome.

Freckls627
Freckls627
31 posts
Nomad

Thanks ScouseWarrior.

I just updated the website so I checked my game and it works on the following browsers:

-Internet Explorer
-Google Chrome
-Mozilla Firefox
-Opera
-Safari

The website itself might look different depending on which browser you're using, I'm still working on the design so I'll fix that when I can.

Showing 1-15 of 56