ForumsNews and Feedback[already processed]Personal Messaging

3 2511
LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

Please may the staff add in a way to send a 'message' to a player without other users being able to see (only mods and amins).I would like this for formal use and not chat use. If this idea has already been recommened, which i don't think that it has, then please may you tell me. Much appreciated. Mabye, this idea will escalate into a discussion so that everybody may share their ideas and be able to stand up for their personal opinion. I would really like to see what you think.

• 3 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

A private messaging system will be on AG3. They had it in closed beta and Cormyn mentioned numerous times that they are going to have it in open beta and/or when the site gets fully launched.

And the mods and admins being able to see them defeats the point - it's supposed to be private, as in nobody else can see them. If they are able to see them, then I see no point in using it.

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

Oh sorry for brining this topic up then, i must have completely missed it when i was searching through the forum.

By private messaging i mean so that normal users cannot see. In my opinion, letting the moderators and admin see is a good idea. The reason is just incase a rude user verbally abuses another user in perhaps racial or harmful terms. If the moderator or admin has proof of the assault, then they will hopefully sort it out straight away; besides, just because something is 'Private' doesn't mean you can say things that may be hurtful or extremely rude.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

If I'm not wrong they would give mods the ability to check such channels, and at the very least, block off such vulgarities already with the old censor.

Anyway, I haven't been following the discussions much, but there is an entire thread over here.

Showing 1-3 of 3