ForumsForum GamesArmor Gamer Championship

2862 453783
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

hi everyone, my name is pickpocket and i will be your host for the Armor Gamer Championship events. We will see a lot of excitement in this game. Here are the rules...

10 people can sign up at one time. all others must wait till the season ends to join. what will happen in this game is i will say a random game on AG. Once you know what the game is, you must go and play this game. once you play it, either take a screen shot, or simply post your high score on the leader boards. YOU CAN ONLY USE THE SCORE THAT YOU GOT THAT TIME. YOU CANNOT USE OTHER SCORES. you may replay the game and post higher scores. this will eliminate your lower score. keep replaying until you get the best score possible by the end of the week.

once 10 people are ready to play, the game will be announced. all players must go and play this game, or be disculalfied from the Championship. in the starting round, the people with the 4 LOWEST high scores are eliminated from the game. the remaning 6 will go onto the next weeks game. for the 2nd round, the 3 players with the worst scores are eliminated. this leaves 3 players on the third round. for this round, you must get the highest score of the three. the person with the highest score in the 3rd round wins the Championship! the winner is not alowed to play in the next season, but is alowed to give game recomendations to me for everyone to play. the winner can not play two season back to back, but can play after sitting out one round.

Who will be the ultimate Armor Gamer?

• 2,862 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Such a shame Killersup could not have gotten to go on to father rounds with some good competition. Next time though, Killersup will not have state testing, and he will be back.

End score of about 36,000.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

thank you EMP for putting down the score board for me. for the record, I will allow these dodgy screenshots (it's still accepting at face value if you think about it.)

Eliminated:
awein
EMP
soccer
exiled
killersup

for those of you who didn't make it, I am sorry. for the rest of you, congratulations. the new game will come out within a day.

-Blade

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

alrighty, here is the new game for this round. it ends on wednesday at midnight, and 4 will be eliminated. it will be judged by fastest times. good luck!

-Blade

Blizzard2000Kongg
Blizzard2000Kongg
49 posts
Peasant

This game needs to be changed. Times depend strongly on what computer you have.

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Such a shame Killersup could not have gotten to go on to father rounds with some good competition. Next time though, Killersup will not have state testing, and he will be back.

End score of about 36,000.

Agreed. I'll miss your comments. They're always funny.
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

This game needs to be changed. Times depend strongly on what computer you have.

I second that. Please change the game.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Kong members...how often do you guys change games in a contest? I've seen you guys ask for games to be voted off many times, despite playing with y'all a very limited amount

Blizzard2000Kongg
Blizzard2000Kongg
49 posts
Peasant

We don't change them that often, but we do if they have a serious problem. Like this one, for example. To show how serious it is, I wrote down my strategy, did it on my laptop, and it took 18 minutes. Then I did it on a desktop, with about the same speed as I did it on my laptop. The result was barely over 11 minutes.

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Kong members...how often do you guys change games in a contest? I've seen you guys ask for games to be voted off many times, despite playing with y'all a very limited amount

It really depends. Nobody wants to play a game that doesn't present a fair challenge or at least offer an enjoyable experience.

It would be a tedious experience, to have to play Coinbox Hero, for five straight days.

And the game offers almost nothing in terms of challenge. It all comes down to how well you can memorize the quickest pattern to complete it.

Everyone left, is a serious competitor. A game like that, shouldn't be the determining factor, for who's going through to the final four.
LouWeed
LouWeed
36 posts
Nomad

As a kong person, I can tell you that this game
a) has been used in one of our major tournaments, and was changed because it is a laggy piece of ****
b) is the second game you've chosen made by your Judasmtb02
c) Is actually very boring to play. I hate this ****ing game, it's terrible.
For all that, I don't really think the game needs to be changed; if Give Up was OK, then this game is too. I firmly believe that differences in hardware should NOT be a factor in choosing a game. As you were.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Fine, I shall change the game. I'll have it ready later.

-Blade

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

now I have to dig into one of pick's favorite games. highest scores will pass. same amount will be eliminated, but it will end on thursday now.

-Blade

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

We don't change them that often, but we do if they have a serious problem.

Ah..ok. Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh..I was just curious as to what dictates you guys wanting a game changed or not

I firmly believe that differences in hardware should NOT be a factor in choosing a game.

Why not? With not keeping such a thing in mind..that could lead to games where the one with better hardware ends up with the better results..even though the one with the lesser quality hardware is a better gamer. Sometimes, no matter how good you are at gaming, it just isn't good enough to come over an obstacle like that
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Why not? With not keeping such a thing in mind..that could lead to games where the one with better hardware ends up with the better results..even though the one with the lesser quality hardware is a better gamer. Sometimes, no matter how good you are at gaming, it just isn't good enough to come over an obstacle like that

That doesn't happen too often.

Seventy percent of this is mental toughness. Twenty percent is skill, five percent is luck, and that leaves five percent remaining, for technology.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

That doesn't happen too often.

Nevertheless..it can happen
Showing 2146-2160 of 2862