ForumsSupport Forum[Necro] Armor Games Currency

12 4712
stephenm
stephenm
7 posts
Peasant

I think that you should be able to buy Armor Games currency like Kongregate's Kreds. It would be able to buy any premium content or in-game currency. It should be able to be bought with any payment method so people who already use one don't need to switch to Paypal.

• 12 Replies
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

In-game currency doesn't give the site revenue. That's why there's ads and premium content that cost money.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

AP is used in a way to unlock more Armatars. And Premium game content is bought directly from the Devs of the game. I don't actually see the point of having a currency seeing that there isn't anything to be bought, apart from the Store merchandise which requires cold hard cash either way.

stephenm
stephenm
7 posts
Peasant

I know some people who would like to support armor games and developer's and don't know how. This might be a way for them to contribute.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I know some people who would like to support armor games and developer's and don't know how. This might be a way for them to contribute.

In what way? How can us normal users somehow contribute via AP currency?
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I think you're all missing what he's saying.

I think that you should be able to buy Armor Games currency
It would be able to buy any premium content or in-game currency.

What he's saying is that you should pay for an on site currency which you can then use to buy premium content in the game in place of money.

Two reasons why this is a bad idea.

1) The game developers wouldn't get the money for the premium content, ArmorGames would.

2) It's just more hoops to go through.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I think you're all missing what he's saying.

I know that, all refuted in the first post.
stephenm
stephenm
7 posts
Peasant

The developer's would get money because the points bought would be given to the developers in the form of money.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Developers get paid for their game being on the website.

Developers get paid if they have premium content in their game that people buy.

Developers get paid by every other legitimate website out there that hosts their game.

Developers get paid if they have premium content in their game that people buy on every website that hosts their game.

Trust me, they have it figured out. Otherwise, they would not be making games. The best way to show support for the developers of your favourite games is to leave them a nice note on their AG page, buy the premium content (if available), or go straight to their off-site web page and see if they have a PayPal donation link.

There is no need to make a free gaming site even less free by following the misguided example of other Flash game sites.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

It would just suck for the people who don't want to pay... like me

Why would it? Optional content is optional, no one forces you to buy it.
LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

Having an option for other users to 'bribe', in a way, the Admins with money is stupid. If you do not want to be spending you're or you're parents money on content when many other users have got it, you feel like you must and you will try and try and try to get it. You kind of feel left out and it is, in my opinion, a form of cheating.

I love Armor Games because it doesn't have this. In a site called Habbo, i spent £70 on that site and i didn't realize what i had done because i was young and dumb. Since then, i wanted to be able to stay away from sites like that and happily be enjoying myself with my parents trust. So i came here...

gelu112
gelu112
5 posts
Peasant

it would suck to pay but i think we should be able to armor points to bye avatars (armatars) or to increase your experience points in games like the The Last Castle.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Having an option for other users to 'bribe', in a way, the Admins with money is stupid.

Isn't bribing. You don't get special favours apart from the content you actually bought in a transaction. Which isn't a favour.

You kind of feel left out and it is, in my opinion, a form of cheating.

If a person is willing to shell out money for it, I don't see how it's cheating since it's legitimate. I was thinking more about Premium content for non-Multiplayer games though. Oh, and given that the majority of AG users are probably teens, I doubt many would spend huge amounts that would lead to ''cheating''.
Showing 1-12 of 12