ForumsProgramming ForumMy sidescroller engine :D

7 5075
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Hi guys! Ive created a sidescroll engine, its for a possible new game that im gonna make. Here is the engine:

Sidescroller engine
You will find the engine information in the link.

In the next days I will try to implement obstacles and if its posible I will add moving platforms.

• 7 Replies
BlueJayy
BlueJayy
27 posts
Nomad

Nicely done. You may want to change the jump from Shift to something else though; just to prevent sticky keys from accidentally coming up. Otherwise, you could try either increasing the screen size or adding a larger chunk of blocks just to see how much it can really handle.

Good luck.

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the comment BlueJayy, now Im working in a new camera system like metroid, the camera position will change based on the room position of the player

SilverFlash
SilverFlash
57 posts
Nomad

is sidescroller engine different from VCAM. Any ways its great

getanewhouse
getanewhouse
44 posts
Nomad

Looks good so far. Please post again when finished.

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Hi guys, I post here to tell you that the next update will take more time because Im start making a new collision system and im remaking the class for my objects, I want that the class can be any kind of enemy, player, wall, moving platform, bullet, etc...

And will need to make a way to implement all of that in my scroll engine.

Thanks for your attention and see you later.

krisnaisawesome
krisnaisawesome
15 posts
Nomad

awesome simple mini game (in the blog)! By the way can any body put up a tutorial how to make sidescroller game using actionscript 2?

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Looks very promising! Keep up the good work.

Showing 1-7 of 7