ForumsProgramming ForumWhat about StencylWorks?

9 5641
VinegarEel
VinegarEel
2 posts
Nomad

I really can't put aside $700 for Flash.(Regarding that I'm not 18 yet)
I found a free flash game making software called StencylWorks. I want to know if I can use it to make a game to upload to this site.

Thanks in advance,

VinegarEel

• 9 Replies
arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

I've seen questions like this often.

If it's a .swf file (shockwave-flash format) and of good quality, than ArmorGames will accept it. I don't know much about Stencyl myself, but check the export settings and see if you can publish your project as an swf.

VinegarEel
VinegarEel
2 posts
Nomad

I already checked. I can.

Thanks

gamerzakiullah
gamerzakiullah
41 posts
Shepherd

hey im using stencyl too.....

getanewhouse
getanewhouse
44 posts
Nomad

I am using stencyworks, It is pretty good I recommend it for beginners. I use it and find it pretty easy. It is limiting in some aspects. I will quit using it when I am proficient at AS3. Good luck with it.

sugarbean
sugarbean
81 posts
Nomad

this is so helpful for me.

getanewhouse
getanewhouse
44 posts
Nomad

Let us know how it works for you.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Id recommend this for anyone looking to get started in Stencyl. Its the first in a series that really helps to understand all the features of Stencyl. It really helped me out.

krisnaisawesome
krisnaisawesome
15 posts
Nomad

I use StencylWorks once but I don't really understand how to use it. So I decide to use adobe flash. It is pre-installed on my laptop...

Reamon
Reamon
8 posts
Nomad

Well, you can use StecylWorks to make games faster than Flash, but it's very limited, and watch out when imagining how your game will be played, since the content is very limited. I suggest you learning AS3, and have NO LIMITS!
- Cheers, Reamon.

Showing 1-9 of 9