ForumsProgramming ForumI Found My Thrill on Stencyl

2 4321
getanewhouse
getanewhouse
44 posts
Nomad

I found my thrill on Stencyl.

Yes that's right, I was looking for help programming a game. I started browsing through the forums here on Armorgames.com and after reading a bunch of post I felt I should give it a try. So I posted a question about the game I want to develop. I have some graphics skills and I do website programming. But I am still a noob when it comes to AS3.

I didn't get any responses yet, but I did see some post about other websites that might be able to help me out. One of them was stencylworks.com. I was really hoping to find someone to join forces with.

I saw a few post about getting help with my AS3 on stencylworks.com, so I headed over to check it out. When I got there I was kind of surprised to see that they didn't have what I expected, It was even better.

Stencylworks.com has done away the need to be proficient at AS3 by setting up a bunch of pre-programmed objects. So I went through some of the tutorials and I figured out how to work with the program.

So I tried it out. I have made two games sofar. This is the second one.
Play my game "Save Christmas"
http://10dollarpcrepair.com/flash/savechristmas.swf

Please tell me if I am on the right track.

Thank you

• 2 Replies
gamerzakiullah
gamerzakiullah
41 posts
Shepherd

i also started makin games in stencyl....by the way how long did it take u to make this game????

getanewhouse
getanewhouse
44 posts
Nomad

It only took me about a day to get this far. I have since added my own shooter and more levels. Total to make 20 levels took me 2 days. And this is the second game I made on stencyl.

Showing 1-2 of 2