ForumsNewcomers Forum[FAQ] What is a Merit?

314 54028
Gantic
Gantic
11,781 posts

What is a merit?
A merit is just a 25 AP reward. You cannot trade them in for anything. The 25 AP is added on top of the 2 AP for the comment, so if you write a great comment, you can get up to 27 AP for a great comment. Only Moderators and Administrators can give merits.

How do I get a merit?
Merits are not easy to get. They are given to very good game comments. Very good game comments take time to write. These comments are helpful, original, and thoughtful. They have good grammar and are easy to read. They show that you played the game and have ideas on what you liked, didn't like, and what could be improved. If a moderator or administrator sees your comments and thinks it deserves a merit, he/she will give your comment a merit. This can take a few minutes to a few years, so be patient! Do not bother moderators and administrators about merits or beg for merits. They may ignore your comment!

What is a very good game comment?
Here are some things that make a very good game comment. It is...

Readable. It has good grammar. Other people can easily understand what you say. If no one knows what you are saying then it is not very helpful.
Helpful. It says why you liked or did not like the game and what can be improved or removed. If you just say "good" or "bad" or "I liked this" it does not tell the game maker what is good or bad about the game. If you don't say why, your comment is not very thoughtful.
Thoughtful. It shows you really thought about the game. Your ideas about the game go together because you spent time to write a good comment about it. If you only list your ideas about different parts of the game, it does not look very original.
Original. It shows you wrote it yourself. Your comment contains unique ideas. You did not copy someone else's good comment. Your ideas cover important parts of the game and might be comprehensive.
Comprehensive. It shows you played the game. You did not just play for a few minutes and stop. Your comment shows you really know what the game is about and you have ideas about different parts of the game.

You will have a better chance of getting a merit if you have all of these.

How long does it take?
It can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few years. The moderators take time to read through the comments of new games and old games. They cannot read everything at once. If you keep writing good comments, you may get one. Merits are not guaranteed.

What else is there?
Don't worry if you do not get a merit. Be patient. Don't beg or bother moderators. Write good comments!

Thank you for reading this. Now you understand what a merit is and what it takes to get one.

• 314 Replies
Cheesepuff44
Cheesepuff44
2 posts

Well, now I know how many Armor Points a Merit is.

Doodeedaa
Doodeedaa
117 posts

Ohhhhhh! thats what it is! I KNEW it had to do do something with the comments

Frankencat
Frankencat
4 posts

Thanks I've been wondering how exactly to get a merit this has been very helpful

hawkeye
hawkeye
245 posts

I usually post a lot of comments on game with like a Minimum of 5 lines that usually for the games that I really like and have a lot to say about. I never got a Merit

yaytrio
yaytrio
3 posts

I was wondering what a merit was. Now i finally know! Thanks!

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,815 posts

I usually post a lot of comments on game with like a Minimum of 5 lines that usually for the games that I really like and have a lot to say about. I never got a Merit

If you have to ask for it, you probably don't deserve it. Besides, think about your one comment in the seas of all the comments on games.
samuelior
samuelior
1 posts

Gracias

HabibJiwan
HabibJiwan
1 posts

Thanks For the help..

unkn0wm3
unkn0wm3
3 posts

I'm going to try my best to get a merit! I think I could do it.

mrwinged
mrwinged
1 posts

O.K. so a merit is just a way of saying post as many things as possible and hope that a moderator or administrator reads it and thinks that it is a good post on a game or whatever it is that you are commenting on. Well that just seems more like a chance at your luck, don't you guys think. Atleast that is what it seems like to me. Hopefully you moderators\\administrators think that this is worth a merit.

maxfang36
maxfang36
25 posts

Thanks i wanted to know what a merit is!!! Just wondering, how do you get AP? btw my first forum post! woot!

CheapCheep
CheapCheep
241 posts

Alright, nice. Everyone was talking about "What are Merits?" and I couldn't awnser. Lol. Thanks!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,371 posts

O.K. so a merit is just a way of saying post as many things as possible and hope that a moderator or administrator reads it and thinks that it is a good post on a game or whatever it is that you are commenting on. Well that just seems more like a chance at your luck, don't you guys think. Atleast that is what it seems like to me. Hopefully you moderators\\\\administrators think that this is worth a merit.

Lulz no, a merit is a good game review or comment. And it's not quantity over quality, that's for sure.
killersup10
killersup10
2,747 posts

I'm going to try my best to get a merit! I think I could do it.

probably not,just for the fact that they require somone to really say somthing that will be remembered throughout the forum.Most people say that they will get a merit before they leave but the problem is that about 40% of people that come to armor gamesfor the community leave within the first 3 weeks.There are numerous account where veterans who have been here for years have yet to get a merit.So, not to rain on your parade, but you're probably not going to get a merit before you leave armor games or AG3 comes out.

Hopefully you moderators\\\\administrators think that this is worth a merit.

*facepalm
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,293 posts

Where do you send the comment? To the creator of the game or the game itself?

Showing 151-165 of 314