Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Alexis' Assorted Artwork

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 2:17am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,978 posts

What is so scary about it? o.o

I guess it's the left side of the picture (her right). The shading is too... idk... contrasted? It looks like there's scar lines from reconstructive surgery or something. And the area around the maxilla makes it look like she's wearing a mask (like this) because the nose lacks definition/depth. It seems flat or sunken and merged. Her right jaw appears slightly rounder and lower than her left. The hair on her left appears to flow much more than the hair on her right.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 5:49pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,418 posts

What is so scary about it? o.o

I meant to say that about the time you posted the eye. But never had the time to say it.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 7:36pm

Alexistigerspice

Alexistigerspice

662 posts

I'm not even finished with the woman yet, so its definitely not perfect. I just wanted to post some updates on the stuff  have been working on.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 9:25pm

daleks

daleks

3,235 posts

I just wanted to post some updates on the stuff have been working on.

And we love you for that Alexis!

But really you need to come here more. All my female AG friends seemed to have left. :(

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 10:10pm

Alexistigerspice

Alexistigerspice

662 posts

Have some cat. This is Tiger, my baby.
I like to pretend I am a photographer sometimes
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/Alexispiceytiger/322737_304003266313589_2019497687_o-1_zps6816c5a7.jpg

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 10:15pm

daleks

daleks

3,235 posts

I like to pretend I am a photographer sometimes

If you had taken the picture a little higher so that we could see the ears at least I would like it more. I do not know anything about photography though.

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 10:49pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Yeah, kinda. I think usually you should try to avoid cutting off at joints... Or take the whole head. Something like that.

Tiger's face fits the 2/3 rule, though. Other than the cut off ears and the background (the pink and blue kind of contrasts the color scheme of his face - nbd), I thought it was pretty good. :)

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 1:00am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

How did you get the cat to not look at the camera? My cats are so curious they start pawing my camera xD

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 4:06pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,418 posts

Well now we know why you have tiger in your user.

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 4:24pm

Alexistigerspice

Alexistigerspice

662 posts

I also had a cat named Spice, and I am a very unoriginal person so i just took their names and combined them with mine to make my user name.
I don't know anything about photography, really, but I did like the way this one came out.
I turned off the flash, and just kinda stayed still in front of her til she lost interest and looked away

Reply to Alexis' Assorted Artwork

You must be logged in to post a reply!