ForumsWEPRAre We alone?

252 48461
Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

do you think we are alone in the universe?

• 252 Replies
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Yes I know of your Djinn. Sound like fallen angels to me. A lot of people think the Pope is without sin as well but that doesn't mean in either case it is entirely accurate.

Bloodscum
Bloodscum
115 posts
Nomad

I guess it is a matter of belief... and about the djinn there are many similarities between Christianity and Islam.

Though, for us djinn are free willed and capable of good or evil, like humans. We also believe that Angels cannot fall.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

err... my sect believes that the Imams are sinless.... so he ain't just some leader... I don't trust todays clerics anyway.

You sure? I've got a Shia friend, he has told me that only the 12 are infallible. I'm not all 100% sure on that, though. I'm all Sunni

Anyway, the Qur'an never elaborates as to whether life is there or not.
So it could be just Djinn, might not. Big deal, tbh.
Anyway, Scum's right, Angels cannot fall. If they could, just in my own opinion, it would take out the glory of believing in them to begin with.

Also, I'm all set on the road that the pope would sin . Its why, just logically [excluding on whether it exists] I like Islam. The people run it, not just one man or church.
There actually used to be a Christian on the forums named megamickel I think, he was very against the church.

But to stay on topic... I think we're alone as far as we know, we're not advanced enough to really figure it out and I'm glad to think of life as a special thing just for us
[Selfish, huh, lol]
Bloodscum
Bloodscum
115 posts
Nomad

You sure? I've got a Shia friend, he has told me that only the 12 are infallible. I'm not all 100% sure on that, though. I'm all Sunni

Yep the twelve Imams are infallible (plus Hazrat Muhammad PBUH and Hazrat Zainab of course). I just didn't want to elaborate, really....

But to stay on topic... I think we're alone as far as we know, we're not advanced enough to really figure it out and I'm glad to think of life as a special thing just for us

Heheh yeah, I agree with that. I mean we haven't even discovered what is at the very bottom of our oceans... though I still think those old pictures should not be discredited.
Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Understandable not to discredit them.
But for example the one you showed us -- to us it LOOKS like a UFO. But back then chances are that was just a rain cloud with a weird head [for whatever reason]

Many people also are known to draw glorious manifestations of the sun to practice their worship. Our own thinking differs from those so far back that trying to connect what we think about in space [UFO's and stuff] versus what THEY think [God and monsterz] it can in my opinion discredit a lot.

The only thing that creeps me out are the South American pictures of giant monkey monsters in the croplands. The Nazca were weiiird people.
http://www.zmescience.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/nazca-lines.gif

A giant spider, drawn perfectly over acres and acres.
I've never been there or researched much, so Idk about the criticism of these lines.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

We may not be alone, but I find hardly unlikely that an "alien" can travel millions of light-years, to arrive here and contact us. Even if they could travel somehow faster than the speed of light again they would need thousands of years.

MetalGandalf
MetalGandalf
32 posts
Shepherd

don't care about it, but if there is intelligence in the universe is the question wether they think we are intelligent

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

Even if they could travel somehow faster than the speed of light

According to Einstein, this is impossible. The mass would increase ad infinitum

Even if they could travel somehow faster than the speed of light again they would need thousands of years.

No, that's not right, beacause the time of a moving object slows down and if you try to solve the formula of the time dilatation with v=c or v>c, you get no solution.

Anyway, I believe that there are aliens.There are so many stars and planets in our universe that it's nearly impossible that we live on the only planet with creatures.
ComradeWolf
ComradeWolf
358 posts
Nomad

Mhm. And I hate refferring to a movie, but this movie brought up a good point. If you have watched District 9, which is a fictional movie, but based on something very real in our world today, Would it be really any good for Aleins to visit?

Or it could be the other way round where we enslave them.

In my opinion, any intelligent race is aggressive in some form or another. Because Aggressive creatures are often Predators, Predators have to use strategical thought. Vedgetative consumers... well all they need to know how to do is poop, eat sleep, run away form danger, and have sex and die humbly. So think about it.

Any race that has "intelligence" as we classify it, will be aggressive. No qeustion of it.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Mhm. And I hate refferring to a movie, but this movie brought up a good point. If you have watched District 9, which is a fictional movie, but based on something very real in our world today, Would it be really any good for Aleins to visit?
Or it could be the other way round where we enslave them.
In my opinion, any intelligent race is aggressive in some form or another. Because Aggressive creatures are often Predators, Predators have to use strategical thought. Vedgetative consumers... well all they need to know how to do is poop, eat sleep, run away form danger, and have sex and die humbly. So think about it.
Any race that has "intelligence" as we classify it, will be aggressive. No qeustion of it.

An intellegent race doesen't have to be preditorial, it just has to have a brain. But most super-intellegent races will likly be agressive as you have said, unless they somehow managed to eat all creatures on there planet and are forced to evolve into a herbavore while keeping there intellegence, which is possible. But my main point is that "intellegent life" just needs to have a brain...
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Anyway, Scum's right, Angels cannot fall. If they could, just in my own opinion, it would take out the glory of believing in them to begin with.

Angels cannot fall. But at one time when there was war in heaven satan and 1/3 of the angels warred against Jehovah. Now they cannot claim the name angel but instead demon.
Bloodscum
Bloodscum
115 posts
Nomad

Angels cannot fall. But at one time when there was war in heaven satan and 1/3 of the angels warred against Jehovah. Now they cannot claim the name angel but instead demon.

Hmmm... interesting.

Well, in our belief Satan was a Djinn who went rogue after defying God by refusing to bow down to Adam (Satan thought he was superior, him being made of fire and Adam being made of clay).
Showing 241-252 of 252