ForumsWEPRYour thoughts on end of world 2012?

214 51252
CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

Me. I think its fake. The mayans could have been killed off by their enemy or something. And some random guy comes up to and starts spreadint the "End of the world" Making millions of ppl freak out.

We will only know when the time comes. Until then enjoy your life.
  • 214 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

[quote]Seriously, why the HELL do you think the Mayan killed themselves ? Because they were reaching one such era, the end off a cycle, but they missed the part where they say another one begin just after (heh, idiots).

If you're talking about the ritual killings, those were ritual sacrifices, that happened pretty much the whole time. I don't know of any mass suicide however. Also, if I remember correctly, there was no cycle ending during the time of the Mayan civilization; they were in the midst of it (correct me if I'm wrong). [/quote]

hmmmm.. let's check the 1 site i linked:

"The Mayans actually never made a single prediction related to an apocalypse, but it is claimed by 2012 proponents that the Maya could predict future events. The accuracy of this claim appears to hinge on the type of prediction that is claimed. One problem with proponents is that they generally fail to cite references, so that the claims of various predictions being made are difficult to impossible to reference and check."
(more here)

Guess you'll have to continue posting your link some more time... ^^

i think i gonna link it in every post i gonna make here.
you think that would do the trick?

here we go...
1 site has it all
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Also, if I remember correctly, there was no cycle ending during the time of the Mayan civilization; they were in the midst of it (correct me if I'm wrong).

sorry gotta correct you there.

same link as last post but furtur down there is a nice simplified way of the cycle's.

(i hope this works, figers crossed. els you gotta scroll down a little yourself =P)

Base Element Next Element Days Solar Years (365.25 days)
K'in _ 1 _
20 K'in 1 winal 20 _
18 winal 1 tun 360 ~1
20 tuns 1 k'atun 7,200 ~19.7
20 k'atuns 1 bak'tun 144,000 ~394.25
20 bak'tuns 1 piktun 2,880,000 ~7885
20 piktuns 1 kalabtun 57,600,000 ~157,700
20 kalabtuns 1 kinchiltun 1,152,000,000 ~3,154,004
20 kinchiltuns 1 alawtun 23,040,000,000 ~63,080,082

1 site has it all
joshua2121993
joshua2121993
1 posts
Nomad

they could not predicted there own defeat but they did mine

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

sorry gotta correct you there.

I'm sorry, but in what way exactly?
Maybe I was too vague.. I was speaking of the long count cycles, and since the mayan civilization is first dated at ca. 2000 BC (if you trust wiki) they couldn't possibly have experienced the end of a long count cycle like we will. Therefore I don't see any sense in illand's post.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i thought you ment no cycle.
but they had the k'in, winal, tun and k'atun

and i dunno how long they lived but maybe 1 or even a few bak'tun

illand's post is just not knowing. only thing he heared is the 2012 non-sense and he try's to twist it around some more. so it sounds good for him. but it's still BS

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

and i dunno how long they lived but maybe 1 or even a few bak'tun

They lived through a few. They were on their 8th and 9th in their golden age (classic period). wiki.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Ah. I thought the long count cycles were the even longer ones that last a few millenias, including several b'ak'tuns. But if the 2012 thingie is based on the single b'ak'tun cycles, that makes even less sense than I thought, whcih really isn't much... I mean people in the 16th century didn't all die, now did they. Or is it supposed to be the moment when both of these cycles fall together? No wait, those were the 22y and 11y sun cycles.. argh.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

But if the 2012 thingie is based on the single b'ak'tun cycles,

the 2012 thingy is based on the end of the 13th bak'tun.
this is however on 10 dec. and not 21 or 23 dec =P

also is the 13th bak'tun not seen as the end of the calendar.
because the calendar is based on 20 (not 13) (except for the 2nd cycle of 20 days wich is only 18.) so the calendar even shows 7 more buk'tuns coming. placing the end of the world theory somewhere around the year 4500.

however the Mayan Calendar also has four ârarely usedâ (which is not the same as ânon-existentâ) higher order cycles!.

if we take those in accaunt aswell then the end of the maya calendar will be around the year.

(13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.0.0.0.0 ( counting from the theoretical end of the previous world in 3114 BC ). Each column is equal to twenty times its predecessor)

thats right. there is more reason to be scared of the sun imploding then the maya calendar ending.

all this info can be found on the...
1 site that has it all
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

It is definatley fake because just because one of the mayan calender ends just might mean that they didn't have enough time to make anymore

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

It is definatley fake because just because one of the mayan calender ends just might mean that they didn't have enough time to make anymore

*Epic facepalms*
Read the post above yours.
DoodleGuy
DoodleGuy
14 posts
Nomad

I highly doubt that the world will end in 2012, I mean people have made predictions about the end of the world for years now and they've all been wrong since were still here. No one can predict when the world will end, only time will tell.

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

The only think I heard about this "The world will end!!!" is a rumor saying it will end at this specific date: December 21, 2012. Who did start it? I just heard from random conversations...

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Who did start it?

there are so many different predictions that it is unknown in what basement it started. however here is a list of site's and people that promoted this 2012 doomsday bs in a early stage.

-adishakti.org
-Alexander Retrov
-Carl Johan Calleman
-Carlos Barrios
-Daniel Pinchbeck
-David Flynn
-Earthplay
-Ivan Stein
-Jaysen Q. Rand
-J. Michael Sayer
-John Major Jenkins
-Jose Arguelles
-Marshall Masters
-Nancy Lieder
-Patrick Geryl
-Raymond Mardyks
-R. J. Stewart
-Sam Geppi
-Terence McKenna
-Zecharia Sitchin

also are there people that claim that other people in history made 2012 doomsday predictions already like:

-Isaac Newton
-Nostradamus
-I Ching
-Mother Shipton
-St. Malachy
-Hopi
-Hindu

however the people and/or religion listed in this last list did never made such a prediction.

once again all this info can be found on the...
1 site that has it all
firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

It only because the mayans ran out of space on their calander so they decided to end the world on 2012

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It only because the mayans ran out of space on their calander so they decided to end the world on 2012

Please, we all know the 2012 thing is just a big media hype, so unless you do have something interesting to say, stop posting such bullS.
Showing 76-90 of 214