ForumsWEPRYour thoughts on end of world 2012?

214 51266
CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

Me. I think its fake. The mayans could have been killed off by their enemy or something. And some random guy comes up to and starts spreadint the "End of the world" Making millions of ppl freak out.

We will only know when the time comes. Until then enjoy your life.
  • 214 Replies
TopRank_
TopRank_
275 posts
Peasant

Fine then. Give me all your worldly possesions.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Famous scientists have said that its crap, but just think about it, what if the UN is hiding it from us?

Why? How? We all know the UN is pretty much useless.

People who have saw the film will recognise the carbomb blast in the starting, it is later reveled it was done to keep the dude's mouth shut.

....What film? Revealed by who? I think you may just be insane.

Im not saying it will occur, but just think about it?

No. I refuse to think about anything that insane.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

lol gonzomon
but i think it is not gonna happen
btw i saw a document on it and apperently the maya and chinnese were friends

TheSuperSaiyan1
TheSuperSaiyan1
326 posts
Nomad

I don't think it will happen. If your christian, you would know that nobody knows the day when the world when end. The Mayans predicted earthquakes and every natural disasters will destroy the earth... But, how do they know that? Do they have proof that they know the future? It's basic logic to know that 2012 is not the end of the world. Unless I see proof, I'll never believe that piece of crap.

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Everyone says the world will end in 2012 because the Mayan calender ends there. I have many theories as to why this is incorrect:

1: The Mayan calender does not list leap years, (and 2012 is a leap year).

2:The only known Mayan calender maker may have died after carving 12/21/12.

3:The Mayans ran out of room on their calender.

4:The Spaniards invaded the Mayan people after 2012 was listed.

5:The world has been predicted to end many times before, (May 21, 2011, 1996, etc.), so what are the odds that it would end this year?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

btw i saw a document on it and apperently the maya and chinnese were friends

I doubt they had commerce or anything like that, but.. could you be more precise as to what that document said exactly? I remember hearing something that indeed Chinese sailors might have reached America before Columbus, but I can't imagine it was in the time of the Mayan civilization.
Also neither wiki article about Chinese or Mayan history make any notion of that.

Everyone says the world will end in 2012 because the Mayan calender ends there. I have many theories as to why this is incorrect:

Your 'theories' 2-4 are unnecessary since not only did they never predict an apocalypse, but their calendar doesn't even end in 2012. It's all just one of those unfounded media hypes again.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Also neither wiki article about Chinese or Mayan history make any notion of that.

you wont find that whit wiki.

to find that you need to search in the maya history for something like a ship arraving whit offers for the gods. or just a little fight somewhere.
and then look in the chinese history for a ship that set sail for a long travel at the about the same time as the maya story would say.

and if yhey could then why didn't they go along the coast line and see where it was going. ending up in europe befor we got there.
i doubt it is true.

their calendar doesn't even end in 2012. It's all just one of those unfounded media hypes again.

i would like to quote myself here from page 9 or something.

"the end of the maya calendar will be around the year.

(13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.0.0.0.0 ( counting from the theoretical end of the previous world in 3114 BC ). Each column is equal to twenty times its predecessor)

thats right. there is more reason to be scared of the sun imploding then the maya calendar ending."

remember this site? it still has it all. =P
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

1: The Mayan calender does not list leap years, (and 2012 is a leap year).

My post on page 15:

They didn't need a leap anything. Their calendar simply counts days. It's accepted that their calendar's overall count began on what translates to August 11, 3114 BCE. Today, Tuesday April 10, 2012, in the Long Count is 12.19.19.5.5

2:The only known Mayan calender maker may have died after carving 12/21/12.

Their calendar dosen't work that way. It simply counts days and repeats in cycles, similar to the way ours does when our calendar ends and we go back from December to January. It's just their belief that one of their gods will appear at the end of the 13th cycle and the start of the 14th cycle of their long count calendar, which has been calculated to 12/21/12 on our calendar.
3:The Mayans ran out of room on their calender.

Again, it simply repeats like ours does. It had nothing to do with room.

4:The Spaniards invaded the Mayan people after 2012 was listed.

Again, there was no specific listing of the date.

5:The world has been predicted to end many times before, (May 21, 2011, 1996, etc.), so what are the odds that it would end this year?

Still 1:1. Either it happens or it dosen't.
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

Has anyone read much into stuff about the Anunnaki?

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Has anyone read much into stuff about the Anunnaki?

...The Sumerian gods? You would have to be insane to believe anything about them.
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

...The Sumerian gods? You would have to be insane to believe anything about them.

And why is that?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

And why is that?

Because they have no evidence supporting them, no hints that they exist, and are horribly unscientifically based and go against all known science. They don't even have the popular backing or mind control most religions do.
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

Because they have no evidence supporting them, no hints that they exist, and are horribly unscientifically based and go against all known science. They don't even have the popular backing or mind control most religions do.

So would I be less "insane" if I follow the Bible without question or follow science without ever thinking of other possibilities?
I never claimed the Anunnaki to be Supernatural gods either. If thats what you are getting at
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

So would I be less "insane" if I follow the Bible without question or follow science without ever thinking of other possibilities?
I never claimed the Anunnaki to be Supernatural gods either. If thats what you are getting at

You would be equally as insane to follow the Bible, however there are no other possibilities then science. When something is proven true, it is science. Science is truth.

So you think they are natural gods then? It is insane.
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

I didn't say that either.
I asked if anyone has read much about them as they seem to be coming up alot with theories about the 2012 end times stuff. Including theories about them being Aliens. Or is the scientific notion of Aliens insane too?

Showing 151-165 of 214