ForumsWEPRYour thoughts on end of world 2012?

214 51217
CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

Me. I think its fake. The mayans could have been killed off by their enemy or something. And some random guy comes up to and starts spreadint the "End of the world" Making millions of ppl freak out.

We will only know when the time comes. Until then enjoy your life.
  • 214 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

the myan 365-day calendar had no leap years.

they had to leap 5 days a year compared to our years. (theirs are 360 days)
it's very countable (for eatch 73 year we have to count 1 more) and usualy already done when we talk about it
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

i never believed that the world would end this year, i heard somewhere that they found more mayan calendars. i do not know why people want the end of the world...maybe because they need some attention or because they think they can use the fear of others to get some money.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

First, it is now belived by many archeologists that when you reach the end of the calendar, you're simply supposed to read it again from the beginning.

...when was it ever believed by any archaeologist that you were supposed to take it as a sign of the end times? Calendars repeat, that's what they do. Does our world end every year? Our calendar does. Or are things only true if they come from some mystical, conspiratorial source that has no backing and is denied by officials to be true/valid?

i heard somewhere that they found more mayan calendars

The Mayans had several types of calendars for different things.

i do not know why people want the end of the world

Perhaps the best question. End of the world myths have always been present in civilization. Perhaps people are just fearful, perhaps narcissistic in that they believe the world should end before they die, or maybe something similar to wondering how this all got here. We want to know how it will end.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

The Mayans had several types of calendars for different things.

most of these calendars are not ment to go on endlessly like the 1 in question for the 2012 end of the world BS.
lots of calendars used by mayas are to count time/days for harvesting and certian prayings and offerings to the gods. their more a scheme then a calendar realy.
masterperson
masterperson
107 posts
Nomad

The Mayans do not even think 2012 is the end of the world.
They believe one of their gods will return that date.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

The Mayans do not even think 2012 is the end of the world.
They believe one of their gods will return that date.

oh what the hack, i'm getting bored of correcting people here.
yes some god will return whatever you want. xD
masterperson
masterperson
107 posts
Nomad

oh what the hack, i'm getting bored of correcting people here.
yes some god will return whatever you want. xD

That was what it once said on the History Channel.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

That was what it once said on the History Channel.

well their you go. history channel...
they are a very good source when it is about known history. and they show it easy to understand i give them that.
but everything that isn't well known from the history books. they are inmagening things to make it sound more interesting.

history channel also has a show that promoted the 2012 doomsday.
they made the docu in such way it almost was real. in fact some people suicided after the show was aired because they thought it was real and saw no point in living any longer.

history channel can't be trusted always.
nitin007
nitin007
85 posts
Peasant

Well, I'm throwing a party the day after. I'll call all my friends over and we'll watch 2012 lol

b3njam1n
b3njam1n
19 posts
Nomad

Perhaps the Mayans just ran out of room on the rock they were etching.
Maybe they stopped with the calendars just to scare us into doomsday beliefs.
Maybe they are right.
We don't know, we can't know for certain, but as for now, just live your life as you usually do.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The ONLY REASON why this hasn't been declined in whole is because people love mysteries like this, and people love selling it to them. It's merely a way to get people entertained. Besides, with all of our technology nowadays, what did they know that we don't know now?

It's blesphamous, it is!

Zee_
Zee_
16 posts
Nomad

its fake, need proof? The mayan calendar never accounted for leap years so technically the world would have ended a good bit ago

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

its fake, need proof? The mayan calendar never accounted for leap years so technically the world would have ended a good bit ago

Actually...no
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Actually...no

Thank you. Needed somebody to clear that up.

It's blesphamous, it is!

But that's what makes it fun, don't you think? And what's more blasphemous is that people insist that it could be anything but the Zombie Apocalypse! :P
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I guess we'll see if those "doomsday bunkers" are worth the hundreds of thousands of dollars people are spending on them.

Showing 196-210 of 214