ForumsWEPRYour thoughts on end of world 2012?

214 51102
CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

Me. I think its fake. The mayans could have been killed off by their enemy or something. And some random guy comes up to and starts spreadint the "End of the world" Making millions of ppl freak out.

We will only know when the time comes. Until then enjoy your life.
  • 214 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

just because a guy stopped writing a calender doesn't mean you freak out and think it's the end of the world!

Once again, their calendar was not linear. It repeats like ours does, but it's longer. Did the world end on Dec 31 just because the calendar went back to Jan 1?
Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

Heh, the Myan's calendar didnt end on 12/21/12, it just reset itself on that date. And anyways, If I chizzeled some date on a piece of rock, it doesnt mean the world will end on that date.

Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

Everyone needs to remember that the Mayans got conquered before they continued the calender. It'd be like America getting conquered and then 1000 years later people freak out because we didn't bother to continue our calenders past 3000.

There's also the fact that people have 'redicted' the end of our world... several times before.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Everyone needs to remember that the Mayans got conquered before they continued the calender.

Their calendar had nothing to do with them being conquered.
LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

Personally, i think it is fake because they have already said this before and it wasn't true. Forgot the year though... When/ if -_- it doesn't happen i am just going to rub it in everyone's face who believed it. Sorry guys. :/

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

oh what the hack, here you guys just have the site for debunking any 2012 doomsdag predictions etc. etc.

1 site has it all

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

even if it would happen (i dont think the end of world 2012 would happen), enjoy your life! i dont understand why people are scared for the end of the world if they could enjoy their life and die then when it happens. sure, i want to live as long as possible, too, but i die so or so, not yet knowing how. death takes all the pain of the life away, so why fearing death?

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i highly doubt it will end..and im sure the day before of the set day there will probably be a huge mass suicide going on in alot of places..but nothing will happen apart from it being a day closer to christmas

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

he day before of the set day there will probably be a huge mass suicide going on in alot of places

well there is enoufg proof to debunk any of it. just check my last link.

those people are gonna suicide because they are to ignorand and lazy to actualy seek the truth.
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

those people are gonna suicide because they are to ignorand and lazy to actualy seek the truth.

You win the thread. Complete win.

--------

Also, there is going to be SSOOOO much survival gear on Craigslist the year after.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

http://www.2012hoax.org/

You win the thread. Complete win.

thx.

then i post my link 1 more time so people that come and read this don't start posting useless posts because....

1 site has it all.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Many probably won't simply suicide. They'll do other illegal things (looting, killing, etc.) because they feel they can get away with it. I'd recommend baracading your house.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I'd recommend baracading your house.

=O

lol i'm happy i don't live in a place such things will be needed.
enoufg commen sense around here ^^
illand
illand
9 posts
Treasurer

I can't wait for the day after the world ends, it's gonna be so much fun, I'm gonna go all 'told ya !'

Seriously, why the HELL do you think the Mayan killed themselves ? Because they were reaching one such era, the end off a cycle, but they missed the part where they say another one begin just after (heh, idiots).

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Seriously, why the HELL do you think the Mayan killed themselves ? Because they were reaching one such era, the end off a cycle, but they missed the part where they say another one begin just after (heh, idiots).

If you're talking about the ritual killings, those were ritual sacrifices, that happened pretty much the whole time. I don't know of any mass suicide however. Also, if I remember correctly, there was no cycle ending during the time of the Mayan civilization; they were in the midst of it (correct me if I'm wrong).

then i post my link 1 more time so people that come and read this don't start posting useless posts because....

1 site has it all.

Guess you'll have to continue posting your link some more time... ^^
Showing 61-75 of 214