Moon's Metrophobia

Posted Jul 27, '12 at 3:41am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,417 posts

Oh Lin-Kun! ;D
I'm gonna watch Clannad some day.

No spoilers! D:

also, second part of exit path short story will be posted around 5 AM.

Posted Jul 27, '12 at 5:53am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,417 posts

It's still 5 AM, no? ;)

_____

I looked at the scar on my forearm, and remembered John. He never came back, but Sheimagya told me not to get too attached to the Humans. That they were all evil. So I didn't think about John or the other one, Sean, much. Only when a few months later, the Humans found Sheimagya and took him away, and he never came back. Then I thought about John coming and saving Sheimagya and returning him to us. But he didn't.

"Ladies And Gentlemen! T46 9015 will now compete for free life for your entertainment! Lets enjoy the sight of survival instinct and see if it may pass through the treacherous Stadium! First stop, Stage 1!" a Voice said. I looked down at my legs and thought to myself, Might as well try to be free.

The first obstacle didn't look too hard, just a few jumps. I completed them effortlessly and stood upon the next platform.
"Ah, lets see if he can try something harder! STAGE 2!" The Voice said. The next stage didn't look as easy as the first one was, because I saw spikes sitting below, waiting for me to plumet to my death. I would not allow the Humans to have the satisfaction of my death. They would be amusued, and I could not let my life go to such a waste.

I ran throught the jumps and past the spikes almost as easily as I had the first level.
"T46 9015 seems to be promising! We will take it up a notch and send him PAST a few levels. Lets now begin with Stage 10!" The Voice said, obviously annoyed by my success. I was determined to finish the Stadium. I wanted to be Free.

As I stepped off the last platform, I saw axes, four to be exact, and they were all going different directions and different speeds. I stood there for a while, and timed the axes, then when I was prepared, I ran so fast, all you could see was a blur. It was invigorating, the energy that flowed through my body. I felt like I could run into anything and not be hurt at all. But just when I though the stage was over, I saw the lasers. And most of my hope drained.

Most of the ones that never left the Stadium alive, had died by lasers. As a child I had seen so many dead Runners coming back through the door with their arms or legs cut apart, sliced so thinly, you knew it was the lasers. I gathered all of my hope, and tried to dodge the lasers, and ducked underneath a block. Suprisingly, the laser didn't penetrate the block into smithereens, so I was a bit more hopeful that I would come out alive.

I dashed from the laser as soon as it faced the other direction, and leaped over the last remaining block that kept me from my destination. "Alright, now the games really begin! Take it to level 20!" The Voice said. you could hear it was on the verge of rage, and it sent a hush over the crowd.

The platform I was standing on suddenly jerked away and sped over to what I assumed was Stage 20. Before me laid the final level. What seperated me from my freedom. There was no way that I was going to fail. The first obstacle, a series of spikes and axes were set in front of me, obviously this was the hardest stage, and it would take all of my strength. I gathered my energy, and I felt the power surging through me. I cleared the platforms and landed very close to a spike. I jumped lightly over it, and spat on it. This sent waves of shock and humor into the crowd, and they roared in laughter.

I saw lasers and more spikes. But there was something peculiar about the spikes, every time something moved below it, they smashed to the ground. I waited for them all to go back up, and tried to call that energetic feeling again, but somehow I couldn't. I had to rely on my instinct for this one. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, and I slid through the tight space after it. My leg was an inch away from the last spike when I finished sliding. My heart was pumping a million beats a minute.

I walked to the room that was labled "Freedom this way".
"NO! Don't go that way!" A farmiliar voice said.
I turned around and saw the one and only John.

Posted Jul 30, '12 at 5:21am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,417 posts

lulz.

_____

"John?" I stood stunned.
"Yes, but you must listen to me. Do not go out that way. You need to follow me if you really want freedom." He said quickly.
"How can I trust you? You are Human! Evil, all of you! Killers." I shouted, suprised by my own emotion.
"I know you shouldn't trust me. But I don't want you to die like the rest of them. There are others out there. That escaped. I'm not sure where, but I know you will find them." John said, looking regretful.
"I will follow you. But be cautious John. If you mislead me, there are plenty of death traps for you to slip in." I said with venom.
I could not believe my own words. I had never felt such hate towards anyone or anything before. Why would I say that to John? The only kind Human? There was a nauseous feeling in my gut, and I warily followed John past the sign marked freedom. He took me to a set of stairs and faced me.
"There isn't enough time for me to explain. There really are Runners that escaped. I supposed to plant this," John took a small, thin, black box from his pocket and showed me, "on you so you can lead Humans to the escaped Runners. I don't want to, but I have to. You can however dump it somewhere later on. Just make sure you get far away from here." John said with a sad look in his eyes.
"Why are you telling me?" I asked, suddenly calm again.
"Because I know that you are also people too. You have emotions like Humans do."
"Why would you help me?"
"Because I am one of you."
"Wait, John..." I started, but John cut me off.
"There is not enough time! Go, and if I ever get out of here, I will tell you. Go up these stairs, out the door, and jump down. Get at least 500 feet away from here and you are in the clear. Remember to dump the Tracker later on, whatever you do, Do not come back here." John said, giving me a push up the stairs.
"Zaloe John." I said softly as I turned and ran up the stairs. I swore I heard tears through his voice as he muttered it back.

_____

And that is all I have for that. It was meant to be a short story, and it ended up a short story. I don't feel like changing anything, because I would just delete it all if I did that.

I'll probably add some sort of something later today, for those who are stalking.

Posted Jul 30, '12 at 5:35am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,417 posts

I'm sick of this fake smile,
I'm sick of this fake me.
What do I do?
What am I supposed to be?
Somebody help.
Someone help me.

I'm crying out to the world,
But life just isn't fair.
Is it normal for me to think,
That absolutely no one cares?
It's times like this,
That I wonder what to do.
Help out everyone else?
Or try and be new.

I just want some answers.
I just want to see.
Who am I?
What am I supposed to be?

I guess I'll just
Help everybody in need.
But on the inside I will die,
Because I'm too ashamed to cry.
I ask for help now,
But later I will refuse it.
I think that writing this,
Helps me out a little bit.

Maybe someone cares,
Someone, out there.
Meanwhile, I'll just suffer alone.
Carrying my burden with a fake smile,
All the way home.

_____

Most of the poems from now on will be older ones from me, so do not expect anything good ._.
And it's a lot lot lot lot lot of old poems. Sorry if I repost any of them.

A bit o' backstory for nostalgia purposes? Plus boredom.

I was helping a lot of "sad" people with their lives, while mine was far worse than their petty problems. And I was really sick of having to be a crutch for everyone, while I just got pushed to the ground because no one was there for me. When I asked for a bit of help from the people I was helping, they just got mad and called me selfish and etc, and I was fed up. So I wrote this poem from the top of my head, like all the other poems, and I feel like this one played out rather nicely with my idea of just becoming a new person so everyone would like me and not think I was just some loser you call on when you need help.

Posted Jul 30, '12 at 4:36pm

WickedRaina

WickedRaina

2 posts

I love you Moon. :p

I want to start a writing thread but I'm afraid I won't have anything to write in it. :c

But hi! I'm back kinda. And I got this awesome armatar after some intense element inspecting.

Posted Jul 30, '12 at 5:08pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,417 posts

Raina! :D I love you too!

Just keep one open for the hell of it, lol. That's why mine is still here. *sigh*

Ooooooooh you shouldn't run around saying that :P Pissums went bai bai for similar D:

Posted Aug 1, '12 at 10:01am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,417 posts

Cold
Dark
And alone

I could be warm
With family
At home

Sometimes I wish
I could still be ignorant,
Still have that bliss.

But it wasn't meant to be
I'm not supposed to have
That possiblity.

Wait
There is a light!
No.
It was just a star in the night.

Cold
Dark
Alone

Will I ever find a way home?

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 7:53am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,417 posts

It's so fun in here all by myself....

Streaks of light
Bleach the sky
With it's simplicity
A brilliant shine
Soft blue
Fades to black
Waiting for the dew
To appear on the grass
The green
And blue
The black
And white
The colors
How to indite
How to recite
To the blind of beauty
The blind of nature
Why should I explain?
Is it my duty?
But I must share
The breathtaking scene
But how can I
To those who haven't seen...
I will try
But know I might fail
Beauty held by my eye
Must prevail

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 4:28pm

mintymoo992

mintymoo992

6 posts

These are amazing poems keep going!
i hope you make more

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 11:12am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,243 posts

Knight

Mimzei keep it up, though I would like to see more poems with more words. After all, a poem is still heavily dependent on strong diction. All this modern stuff and icky free verse tires after a while.

Reply to Moon's Metrophobia

You must be logged in to post a reply!