Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Moon's Metrophobia

Posted Mar 26, '12 at 6:12pm

jezz

jezz

1,447 posts

I believe this is still St. Patty's.

I know the Irish (and American!) accent makes it sound like 'Patty', but it is actually Paddy. *acts like a know-it-all*: The name, "Paddy", is a diminutive form of Padraic ("Patrick") and, depending on context, can used either as an affectionate or a pejorative reference to an Irishman.
If you don't know an Irishman's name, his name is Paddy.

The 7th picture looks the spitting image of a building I've passed a couple of times in London :O

Lovely pictures! I'd like to go to Ireland but the Irish accent would get on my last nerve.

Posted Apr 24, '12 at 11:29pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,117 posts

You still have not made Dango tree! I will not rest until I get my dango tree and critique you on every intimate detail of it! :D

Posted Apr 25, '12 at 8:32pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

Well keep drawing if you truly have nothing better to do! You have a skill, exercise it! Don't just sit there all by yourself doing nothing, or you'll regret it later!

Posted Jun 16, '12 at 3:22am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,221 posts

So. I totally had a poem written. But due to my lack of knowledge in the layout of a MacBook, it's gone. T-T It isn't like it matters, though :<

Well. Yeah. I've been gone. I'm somewhat backish. But I probably won't be for long. *shrug* Sorru.

Posted Jul 16, '12 at 2:34am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,221 posts

As I stare down the barrel to his bayonet knife,
I can't help but wonder if I will really lose my life.
Fighting for a freedom that seemed so sweet,
But reality hit me hard, and it made me knees weak.

I realized that we could never win this war;
England's army is our size, times forty-four...

We have farmers with pitchforks
And boys with no aim.
They have men who have missions,
And their whole lives to train.

I look at the redcoat with a smile on my face,
I point my gun up, and he meets his fate.

My body runs cold now, and my tears hit the ground,
I hope to be remembered, and I hope our freedom is found.

_____

I know this isn't really EXACTLY Independence Day, but this is like a part one thing.

Part two?

_____

I hear the rumble of a far-away boom,
Probably fireworks, I aptly assume.

People don't even care about the true meaning,
They just want to throw parties with barbecue eatings.

I don't care about the parties and fun,
I would rather remember the damage that was done.

My ancestors fought for this country's Independence,
We went from colonies to a country; an astonishing transcendence.

We parted from the ignorant England,
Bid adieu to Europe's control.

And because we fought for our rights,
On this wonderful night,
We became the nation; free, and whole.

_____

They are combined into one, but please understand the massive gap in time between the two.

Posted Jul 18, '12 at 12:58am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,221 posts

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx210/MikuMitsuki/Snapbucket/378631D2.jpg

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 5:21am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,221 posts

That dango tree was for Frankie. :P

Looks like I'll have to put in some effort to this thing. We'll see how that goes...

Mainly, I am posting this to rant. Ranting usually helps me with my creative flow.

I'm gonna be selfish, and talk about me. This is *my* thread, anyways. .-.

I'm busy. I'm sad I don't have much time to come back here more often. I literally wake up, clean stuff, and go to work. Lately that has changed into waking up, going to work and hopping online then sleeping the day away. I believe I have made one of my many transitions, which is where I simply move on from my old fads and hobbies. Things bore me, and I lose interest, and I forget about them. Sadly this is has happened to AG and pretty much all of the people in it. Just imagine the mood of this post now as being that yellow dango.

Let's focus on the end of the school year. Around the start of May. By this time, I already knew I was going to fail two classes, and I would have to go to summer school. I didn't care, really. I though summer school should be offered as a full out school year thing for kids who work better online, but whatevs. And after school ended and my whole "OHLOOKIFAILEDAREN'TYOUSOPROUDOFTHEDAUGHTERYOUHATE" thing, I had Rookie Camp for band, and I had to go because I got Brass Captain. It was a win-lose situation. ANYWAYS. In summer school (middle of June, after Rookie Camp) I had to retake English and History, and I did it using Nova Net, which is designed for idiots. I finished english in 3 days and then history in 3 days, so summer school was a breeze. Then I went on a cross-country trip with my family, and that took up the end of June. It is now July and I'm wondering where my summer went, because it's the middle of July and I seriously have no recollection of what happened in the school year. My mind has been put on this cycle of work-sleep-work and that's just all I do. I haven't written any new poetry in like a year, with the exception of that piece for the poetry contest, and it was astonishing I could write AT ALL. Now I'm doodling again and you see the failures created, lol.

Well. Yeah. That's just a run down of my summer and why I haven't been here. But I'm getting money, and money will help me do things I want to do in life. IT'S SO SAD THAT I WORK IN FAST FOOD YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

BLAH. Life. Y U NO GIVE ME BREAK???

We shall see what school provides me; maybe a lovely break or maybe another friggin curveball. I'm really only waiting for school to come around considering it holds the key to my social life. *sigh*

TL;DR : Life has been sucking the life out of me, but I might stay alive until school.

Maybe a I can pull a poem out of my rear end now! Wouldn't that be fantastic?

Posted Jul 22, '12 at 5:45pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,221 posts

Someone? Anyone?

Aw. Well I do plan on posting something later today. *sigh*

Lonelyyyyyyyyy.

Posted Jul 22, '12 at 6:00pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

You have legions of fans consisting of lurkers.

Well, maybe stalkers, but I can't speak for everyone.

Posted Jul 23, '12 at 1:32am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,221 posts

Well I wish they would come out and speak now :

Reply to Moon's Metrophobia

You must be logged in to post a reply!