Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Hacking is right

Posted Jan 1, '12 at 5:15am

Pazx

Pazx

6,125 posts

Oh so right. I'm not talking about stupid things like aimbots, or cheat engines, or deleting third paragraph (if you understand that tell me).

There are a lot of people who hack video games for all the right reasons. Hacking can and has been used in gaming communities to make games fairer and more fun. Hacking is also used to improve the game in ways the developers haven't considered. Developers should really embrace hacking and modding and use their ideas to improve their own games. So please, before you write off all hackers as evil cheaters, remember that most aren't hurting anyone, and some are trying to achieve game balance.

inb4 hackin and moddin r different
inb4 OP can't inb4

Posted Jan 1, '12 at 1:17pm

Loptice

Loptice

247 posts

Yeah but most of people hacks games just to ruin fun for others.

Posted Jan 1, '12 at 2:39pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

Pazx, I'm sure most people realize this. However, the majority of hackers do so for their own gain in competitive games. I doubt anyone who plays a popular game has not run into some sort of hacker who seemingly does it just to troll everyone else.

Posted Jan 1, '12 at 5:08pm

numino

numino

219 posts

how can you say hacking is right, it sucks all the fun out of a game especially in online games, its just plain stupid that's what it is. So don't try to justify something as heinous and despicable as HACKING!!!

Posted Jan 1, '12 at 5:45pm

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,482 posts

I think that the OP is grouping modding with hacking, which, in simplest of forms, is the same thing. However, modding a game centers around going into the game's engine and changing things about to craft a different and better experience for other players. It is a kind of hacking, but when Gamers use the word "hacking", it is usually associated with the process of going into the game's inner workings and changing it so you r teh numbah onez.

-Chillz

Posted Jan 1, '12 at 6:02pm

DontDoDrug

DontDoDrug

30 posts

you my friend are dumber than dog **** that was eaten by a donkey than kick by an elephants and the elephant was poop out by the chicken, and the **** is how smart you are

Posted Jan 1, '12 at 6:49pm

Pazx

Pazx

6,125 posts

To mod a game, you either have to hack it yourself, or be lazy and work off what someone else has done. Most the "hackers" you guys run into are complete wannabes, they couldn't hack for their lives. Of course, there are some actual talented hackers who ruin your games, and I apologize for that

@Kasic define competitive game pl0x

Posted Jan 1, '12 at 7:04pm

redx161

redx161

603 posts

Hackin ain't right, it just a way for one person to ruin the game for others

Posted Jan 1, '12 at 7:07pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

@Kasic define competitive game pl0x

A competitive game is a game where two or more people compete with each other, whether for resources, with fighting, or racing.

As for everyone saying hacking is wrong, what if you were to just hack the single player of the game for amusement purposes? I agree that if you hack to gain an advantage against others it shouldn't be done, but if you're just bored and don't affect anyone by it who cares?

Posted Jan 1, '12 at 7:34pm

Pazx

Pazx

6,125 posts

Couldn't every game be technically competitive? Even single player games can have high scores to be compared.

In a truly competitive environment, it is all offline and there is no hacking. There may be mods but the players would all be made well aware of that fact.

Reply to Hacking is right

You must be logged in to post a reply!