ForumsGamesHacking is right

80 14673
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Oh so right. I'm not talking about stupid things like aimbots, or cheat engines, or deleting third paragraph (if you understand that tell me).

There are a lot of people who hack video games for all the right reasons. Hacking can and has been used in gaming communities to make games fairer and more fun. Hacking is also used to improve the game in ways the developers haven't considered. Developers should really embrace hacking and modding and use their ideas to improve their own games. So please, before you write off all hackers as evil cheaters, remember that most aren't hurting anyone, and some are trying to achieve game balance.

inb4 hackin and moddin r different
inb4 OP can't inb4

• 80 Replies
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Yeah but most of people hacks games just to ruin fun for others.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Pazx, I'm sure most people realize this. However, the majority of hackers do so for their own gain in competitive games. I doubt anyone who plays a popular game has not run into some sort of hacker who seemingly does it just to troll everyone else.

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

how can you say hacking is right, it sucks all the fun out of a game especially in online games, its just plain stupid that's what it is. So don't try to justify something as heinous and despicable as HACKING!!!

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

I think that the OP is grouping modding with hacking, which, in simplest of forms, is the same thing. However, modding a game centers around going into the game's engine and changing things about to craft a different and better experience for other players. It is a kind of hacking, but when Gamers use the word "hacking", it is usually associated with the process of going into the game's inner workings and changing it so you r teh numbah onez.

-Chillz

DontDoDrug
DontDoDrug
29 posts
Peasant

you my friend are dumber than dog **** that was eaten by a donkey than kick by an elephants and the elephant was poop out by the chicken, and the **** is how smart you are

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

To mod a game, you either have to hack it yourself, or be lazy and work off what someone else has done. Most the "hackers" you guys run into are complete wannabes, they couldn't hack for their lives. Of course, there are some actual talented hackers who ruin your games, and I apologize for that

@Kasic define competitive game pl0x

redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

Hackin ain't right, it just a way for one person to ruin the game for others

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

@Kasic define competitive game pl0x

A competitive game is a game where two or more people compete with each other, whether for resources, with fighting, or racing.

As for everyone saying hacking is wrong, what if you were to just hack the single player of the game for amusement purposes? I agree that if you hack to gain an advantage against others it shouldn't be done, but if you're just bored and don't affect anyone by it who cares?
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Couldn't every game be technically competitive? Even single player games can have high scores to be compared.

In a truly competitive environment, it is all offline and there is no hacking. There may be mods but the players would all be made well aware of that fact.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Couldn't every game be technically competitive?

Somewhat I suppose. High scores on the game are a bit different than directly competing. I mean if you see someone get a ridiculous score, you know they hacked, but that doesn't stop you from getting a legitimate high score.

What do you mean by if it's truly competitive it's all offline?
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Let's say you're playing CoD online with a bunch of randoms. You can be competitive, but in actual fact nobody really gives a **** (that's a lie, most CoD players do give a **** but that's not the point). For a proper competitive experience you'd have to enter a tournament. Most tournaments are either LAN or offline (although there are some successful online tournaments). These tournaments have further rules set in place blah blah blaskjahdksnw.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

You can be competitive, but in actual fact nobody really gives a ****

It still is competitive though, in that both sides are trying to win.

Let's keep going with the CoD example. You're casually playing, but you still are trying to win (unless you're one of those dinks who just run around and toss grenades everywhere). If someone comes into the game and uses an aimbot to just mass murder everyone, you will be at the least annoyed because it disrupted your game, right?
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Of course I'd be annoyed, but people who use aimbots are wannabes. Can't hack can't play. What about every time you quit when something goes wrong? Isn't that a form of cheating, as well as a personal loss?

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

but people who use aimbots are wannabes.

Wannabes. That word is rarely used right. I doubt very many people who use aimbots think that it makes them good at the game. Most use it to quickly get points for ranks, or to just be a troll.

As for the whole leaving = form of cheating I disagree. If there's no point in playing it out (As in you've clearly lost, not just had a setback) then why continue? If you're against someone who is using a hack/cheat/whatever, why stay to feed them kills?
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

>hear a claymore click
>ragequit to preserve K/D

You cheated. Your K/D should take that death into account.

Showing 1-15 of 80