ForumsGamesHacking is right

80 14665
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Oh so right. I'm not talking about stupid things like aimbots, or cheat engines, or deleting third paragraph (if you understand that tell me).

There are a lot of people who hack video games for all the right reasons. Hacking can and has been used in gaming communities to make games fairer and more fun. Hacking is also used to improve the game in ways the developers haven't considered. Developers should really embrace hacking and modding and use their ideas to improve their own games. So please, before you write off all hackers as evil cheaters, remember that most aren't hurting anyone, and some are trying to achieve game balance.

inb4 hackin and moddin r different
inb4 OP can't inb4

• 80 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

You cheated. Your K/D should take that death into account.

Yes, it should. As far as I know, it does. It did on CoD 4 anyways, which is where I draw the line for, "The last real CoD game." The others are all just re-sells of it for the huge fanbase. <- Personal opinion, don't need to go into it.

Are you thinking of hacking and cheating as the same thing, or different? I've been using the terms as hacking is changing the game, whilst cheating is exploiting it.
ninjet99
ninjet99
54 posts
Shepherd

i don't think hacking is right it is not fair for other

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Hacking and cheating are different. You're claiming that most hackers you will encounter are cheating to give themselves an unfair advantage. I'm saying not all hackers are cheaters (and vice versa). I think we're a little off topic but I'm not sure anymore

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

The word hacking even means to surpass a secure a programming for what is most of the, evil purposes. There is no joy in hacking and ruining the fun for others unless your some sadistic creep with no life.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

You're claiming that most hackers you will encounter are cheating to give themselves an unfair advantage.

Most are, yes. The ones that don't are behind the scenes/non-multiplayer, which means you won't encounter them nearly as often.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Yus. Well that was interesting. I feel this thread is going to stay alive for a long period of time with no discussion other than people saying hacking is wrong and calling me stupid.

Irn2read everybody

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I feel this thread is going to stay alive for a long period of time with no discussion other than people saying hacking is wrong and calling me stupid.

Probably. There are certain key words that draw people like that.

Hack.
Noob.
CoD.
Halo.
Best.

Funny how those are all 4 letters or less.

Irn2read everybody

Telling people who don't read via writing = no reading the learn 2 read comment :P.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I always thought it was irn2 not Lrn2. Maybe I should lrn2read.

I should have titled this thread differently.

GodOfWar35
GodOfWar35
189 posts
Blacksmith

Hacking is 65 % a big mistake !
Anyway....
Hacking can destroy an awesome game, but can "UP" a terrible game ! --> Wasting time !
I would rather call them "HACK USERS" !! They find HACKING PROGRAM for life !
We can't fight against those stupid ! They are so overcrowding !

URunDEAD
URunDEAD
9 posts
Nomad

I understand what you are saying. Like with mods and plug-ins for minecraft you can greatly increase your games replay ability.i Stronly agree with you but when you take hacks online with people oyu dont know then it's bad.

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

I believe the game shouldn't be messed with. If you think a part of the game should be changed, contact the game developers. Plus, if it were a big deal, then everyone else would have complained and it would have been fixed already.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Different people look for different fun.
I don't like repetitive things.
If the game forces me to craft 500 daggers(Skyrim), make 90 times 1 quest (most of the games with repetitive quests), I will hack it.
If the game can be macro-ed, I will write macro.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Well when u put it that way it sounds nice....
But I mean when you hear hacker you don't think "good". You think more so like, "evil little noobs who have no life have to hack to be good." I think their is another term for all this stuff but I forget. It's like their are good. Hackers and bad hackers (anonymous). So yeah. The good ones as you said are like uh well Internet cops I guess.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Different people look for different fun.
I don't like repetitive things.
If the game forces me to craft 500 daggers(Skyrim), make 90 times 1 quest (most of the games with repetitive quests), I will hack it.
If the game can be macro-ed, I will write macro.

I'm pretty sure they did it for you to buckle down and do it, not take the lazy way ouy
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

The good ones as you said are like uh well Internet cops I guess.

Meh, I disagree. Even if you are a 'good hacker' and hack on singleplayer, it's still cheating. You are still bending and tweaking the game to make it go right for you.
Showing 16-30 of 80