ForumsGamesHacking is right

80 14684
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Oh so right. I'm not talking about stupid things like aimbots, or cheat engines, or deleting third paragraph (if you understand that tell me).

There are a lot of people who hack video games for all the right reasons. Hacking can and has been used in gaming communities to make games fairer and more fun. Hacking is also used to improve the game in ways the developers haven't considered. Developers should really embrace hacking and modding and use their ideas to improve their own games. So please, before you write off all hackers as evil cheaters, remember that most aren't hurting anyone, and some are trying to achieve game balance.

inb4 hackin and moddin r different
inb4 OP can't inb4

• 80 Replies
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

Perhaps, perhaps not. I do not recall there being any study of what people use hacking for. Common sense would dictate that we see the negative more often and that people focus on the negative more

thats purely because there is mor negative outcomes from such a action, how often do u actually hear som1 saying they're happy som1 hacked a game, u dnt do u, because no1 is happy with the hacking
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

thats purely because there is mor negative outcomes from such a action,

You don't know that for sure.

how often do u actually hear som1 saying they're happy som1 hacked a game,

All the time, when we're speaking of game mods.
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

All the time, when we're speaking of game mods.

well u dnt know that for sure do u

thats purely because there is mor negative outcomes from such a action,

You don't know that for sure.

and how can u be certain!?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

well u dnt know that for sure do u

I know that there's a very large community of people who use/follow mods for Diablo 2 and Freelancer, two of my favorite games. So, in those instances, yes, I do know for sure.

and how can u be certain!?

The burden of evidence goes to the one making the claim (In this case, you, saying that the majority of "hacks" are used for negative purposes) and not the one refuting it. I am simply saying that there are positive and negative uses for it and that you have no basis to say that the majority of hacks are used for negative purposes.
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

The burden of evidence goes to the one making the claim (In this case, you, saying that the majority of "hacks" are used for negative purposes) and not the one refuting it. I am simply saying that there are positive and negative uses for it and that you have no basis to say that the majority of hacks are used for negative purposes.

and u hav no strong support of ur own personal argument, there is no strong evidence for ur reason either, but as you'll find most of the commentators for this forum hav been against hacking, so ur argument is obsolete in this case
EXTREAMgamer2000
EXTREAMgamer2000
45 posts
Nomad

flash games yes stuff like cod no

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

and u hav no strong support of ur own personal argument,

I have provided ways in which hacking can be used towards a positive end and multiple examples in which it has been. You have not provided one.

but as you'll find most of the commentators for this forum hav been against hacking, so ur argument is obsolete in this case

Argumentum ad numerum, how you appear so much! The majority is not always right, and I don't think that you can use the opinion of any random 13 year old+ on a flash games forum as a reliable source.

My argument is not invalidated by a fallacy. Until you can show evidence for your opinion (that hacking is mostly used for selfish and negative purposes) then please refrain from making such strong claims.
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

My argument is not invalidated by a fallacy. Until you can show evidence for your opinion (that hacking is mostly used for selfish and negative purposes) then please refrain from making such strong claims.

oh you want examples do you, oh why didn't you say so you ***got, okay then, how about games like i don't know epic combo someone had the top score in 1 second, physically impossible, or in guitar heroes when people use bots to perfect a near-impossible song, or how about in security breaches...

The majority is not always right

i agree the majority isn't right but its the majority that rules the world not some lone ranger and his buddies, also there wouldn't be a majority for no reason now would there, by human nature people go for what's beneficial for them not detrimental to them. so there the majority is correct
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

how about games like i don't know epic combo someone had the top score in 1 second

And? The scores that are hacked get removed. No damage caused. Legitimate scores go to the top once this is done. Did that prevent you from getting a good score?

or in guitar heroes when people use bots to perfect a near-impossible song,

Guitar hero, a single player game. People can do what they want, some random person you don't know getting a perfect score with a bot doesn't affect you having fun or doing good on the game.

or how about in security breaches..

If you mean data theft, then yes, that is a problem.

but its the majority that rules the world

Doesn't make them right though.

also there wouldn't be a majority for no reason now would there,

No, there wouldn't be. However, majorities can easily form based on a misconception. Take for example the Salem Witch Trials. The majority thought those people were witches. Were they? No.
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

i honestly can't be bothered to argue now, since it is 2am in the uk now, so am off to bed and will I will satisfy you people with my antics later

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Rule 1 of arguing on the Internet: Make sure you're correct.
Rule 2: Make sure your grammar and spelling is correct.

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

Take for example the Salem Witch Trials. The majority thought those people were witches. Were they? No.

Ooh, you didn't have to type that. I guess if it doesn't harm anyone, hacking can be alright. I just don't see how hacking can be fun.
soldierperson
soldierperson
269 posts
Peasant

I dont like hacking and it cant (read wont) happen here and I played Raze 2 hacked it wasnt fun because you are unstoppable.

impulse255dj
impulse255dj
48 posts
Farmer

Is it me or is this argument going round in circles. I think that we can all agree that hacking can be good/bad depending on how it is used.

If you mean hacking to give yourself an advantage over other players in an online game then no, its wrong and you should be banned.

If by hacking you mean modding (ie: use the code to mod the game and then put it out there for other players to use if they chose) then yes by all means go for it. Best example ever I think comes from when I stated playing online and Team Fortress came out for Quake. That mod set up for ALL class based shooters that came out right up to the present day.

As far as hacking single player games, whatever. Again, modding is the life blood that keeps alot of games playable after years. Just don't go being a prick and boasting how your the best because you've done the impossible thanks to some wee patch, because we see through it and really there are better ways to get attention.

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

Is it me or is this argument going round in circles

oh it is, everyone is just trying to find a more intelligent way to express or defend their argument
Showing 46-60 of 80