ForumsGamesHacking is right

80 14675
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Oh so right. I'm not talking about stupid things like aimbots, or cheat engines, or deleting third paragraph (if you understand that tell me).

There are a lot of people who hack video games for all the right reasons. Hacking can and has been used in gaming communities to make games fairer and more fun. Hacking is also used to improve the game in ways the developers haven't considered. Developers should really embrace hacking and modding and use their ideas to improve their own games. So please, before you write off all hackers as evil cheaters, remember that most aren't hurting anyone, and some are trying to achieve game balance.

inb4 hackin and moddin r different
inb4 OP can't inb4

• 80 Replies
Calladara
Calladara
7 posts
Nomad

Hacking just depends on how it's used...Real hacks take much longer than just using a program, and are not generally used on game.

As long as hacking don't stop mehaving fun then i'm not much bothered.

Calladara
Calladara
7 posts
Nomad

*me having fun

Juanprito
Juanprito
105 posts
Nomad

As long as hacking don't stop mehaving fun then i'm not much bothered.

But it makes the game extremely easier for you and that's lame.
ashank
ashank
11 posts
Peasant

I see your point but the truth is there arent realllly many hackers who hack to improve games. Most just do it cuz theyre haters and complete losers

muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

thought id just point out that hacking and modding are really quite different (although very similar)
mods are changing features in a game be that skins etc, and are genreally encourages by the developers or accepted as they prolong the game

hacking on the other hand is hacking the games system to gain and advantage and so really shouldnt have any place in a multiplayer game were it can have effects on others, eg aimbots etc etc
hacking on a singleplayer game like fallout for example would be total fine with me, since you affect no-one but yourself

godandd
godandd
1,285 posts
Nomad

The only good hacking is hacking minecraft, To hell with you notch.

Sugarmanx10
Sugarmanx10
6 posts
Jester

I would rather prefer to have the Developers enable their own "debugging mode" for the players. Most of the ones on here usually like to mess with the scoring as well as their time beaten to look awesome when they're really not.

I prefer to use my own skill when it comes to playing games.

kylerules157
kylerules157
16 posts
Nomad

I am not going to be mean or anything but i do NOT think hacking is right because it takes the fun out for others and i do not hack and whenever there is a hacker in a game and nobody else hacks, everyone gets mad because they keep dieing and it's not fun for the people who keep dieing. I think all people should just play the game how it should normally be played.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Ok Hacking for self benefit /=/ hacking for everyone

I used to play a game on wii called goldeneye. It was the most unbalanced game you could play yet the community didn't complain at all.

Anyways in this game if you played as odd job in split screen you could throw hats instead of grenades.

A hacker called "hats_only" made lobbies and everyone could not use weapons at all. All they could use is hats.

That is what I call fun hacking. This person was welcomed to the community and he made matches all the time.

Not sure if the above is modding but that is a great example on how hacking is fun.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Not sure if the above is modding but that is a great example on how hacking is fun.

Modding pretty much is hacking.

I don't know much about either, as I don't do it, but this is my understanding of it.

Modding = Changing or adding game files to change the game.

Hacking = Changing or circumventing normal processes for a desired result.

To mod you usually need to first get the game files, which usually involves hacking.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

To mod you usually need to first get the game files, which usually involves hacking.

A lot of games offer mod tools. The difference with mods is that everyone in the room or server undergo the same changes made, and is intentional. Hacking can effect one or more people and is not supposed to be in the server. Embracing hacking is a dull idea, and homogenization with words is a silly idea with "modding" and "hacking" being the same. I mean... really.

This is the difference I've seen, honestly. With mods usually providing a beneficial or different experience (sometimes worse), with hacking providing a one-sided benefit to a single person, possibly at the cost of everyone elses' entertainment.

- H
koolkylekool
koolkylekool
247 posts
Nomad

Hackers deliberately break the rules/boundaries set in by the developing team to have an unfair advantage against other players. Hackers are the lowest form of gamer in my opinion, below even the constant online child gamer.

Besides, mostly the only reason people hack is because they are so terrible at that game that they feel they need to get back at the dev's for making it "too hard" and thus hacking is justified for them.

And try not to slog that "inb4" B.S. in here, this is f***ing 4chan, grow up.

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

hacking is purely used when it only and only benefits one or a group of individuals at the cost of others, there is nothing justifiable about hacking.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

hacking is purely used when it only and only benefits one or a group of individuals

This part is true often.

at the cost of others,

This is not. How is it "at the cost of others" if someone was to say, hack SSBB so that all characters moved 3x faster? They then play against each other and have fun. That's not at the cost of others.

there is nothing justifiable about hacking.

Such a one sided way to look at it. That would be like me saying guns are evil, because they can kill. They can also protect.
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

SSBB

yeah, that means nothing mate

guns are evil, because they can kill

well actually people kill, guns are just the tools to make it easier and faster
Showing 61-75 of 80