Forums

ForumsForum Games

Yggdrasil (a "Cut the Tree" Game)

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 12:20am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

Forgot to mention:

Everyone in this game has a weakness. I know at least one for everyone except for (at the moment) the dynamic duo. Besides, I make sure everyone has at least a fighting chance. I didn't give that to people in the beginning, which dropped membership by quite a bit from what it used to be.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 4:24am

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,009 posts

subordinates

Oh, you've done it now. First, I nick some power from the tree (I need it more). Next, I create a massive plateau that is just big enough to hold the tree, but nothing else. Then, I jump up into a handy wormhole that just appeared for me, and remotely rupture the Earth's crust. I close the wormhole and laugh quietly from my epic space station.
May I point out that science is utilising a fundamentally superior grasp of nature's laws for good or evil, whereas magic is picking up those same laws, smashing them on the ground, hitting them repeatedly, jumping up and down on them and then burying them in the backyard under the petunias. And then utilising that power for good or (in the case of this game) idiotic evil.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 9:49am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,574 posts

May I point out that science is utilising a fundamentally superior grasp of nature's laws for good or evil, whereas magic is picking up those same laws, smashing them on the ground, hitting them repeatedly, jumping up and down on them and then burying them in the backyard under the petunias.

May I point out that this is an Internet RPG, where science, in all its glory and narcissism, is irrelevent. Physics are ignored, gravity is reversed and all Laws of Thermodynamics are broken. The only limitations are set by the GM. Science is inferior to magic in all aspects of this RPG. You haven't figured that out by now?

And then utilising that power for good or (in the case of this game) idiotic evil.

That's because this is a game about KILLING A BOSS. The entire point is to cut the tree until it dies. You are the only person here who can't grasp that. It is that complicated? If you don't like us attacking the tree, don't try to heal it and whine about us being unscientific.

That's all I'm saying about it. This is a game, not a discussion. Play the game or leave.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 12:07pm

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,009 posts

I know, but... it just seems wrong to kill the only thing keeping you alive. Also, I am of a class devoted to healing it. And science fiction is, well, just as powerful in my opinion.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 2:45pm

SubZero007

SubZero007

401 posts

Everyone in this game has a weakness. I know at least one for everyone except for (at the moment) the dynamic duo. Besides, I make sure everyone has at least a fighting chance. I didn't give that to people in the beginning, which dropped membership by quite a bit from what it used to be.

I believe the "dynamic duo's" weakness is separation. Which is funny, because now I'm in single combat with Gemini. This should be fun. (I accepted the challenge, by the way.)

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 6:52pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

...There have been so much craziness...can we just re-do this round from the beginning? My head hurts from all the breaking of physics.

"COME BACK HERE NERDSOFT WE NEED YOU AS CANNON FODDER!"

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 7:27pm

sonicheroes95

sonicheroes95

1,276 posts

My attack still stands if we're voting on a round restart.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 7:38pm

GeminiDelta

GeminiDelta

63 posts

I dont think Blade will do a round restart. Whatever, I just smash whoever's in range. Epic, switch to your crowd-control style, you're apparantly the biggest target here.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 7:41pm

GeminiDelta

GeminiDelta

63 posts

By the way, that 5-post long crazy combo attack was really just 1 big post hopping between me and Epic. Sorry to break your 1 post only rule, but it was fun!

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 9:10pm

SubZero007

SubZero007

401 posts

If Blade needs a recap, he will ask us for it personally.

Reply to Yggdrasil (a "Cut the Tree" Game)

You must be logged in to post a reply!