ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArmatar challenge [Winter]

119 31624
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

So, it has been suggested someone mad a free-for-all armatar contest.
Now, considering there is no prize, and the armatars won't be chosen, I will rather consider it a challenge on fitting a piece of art into a 100x100 square.

Guidelines be stolen from the official AC:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.

Obviously it will be a good idea to pot a bigger version as well, either 200x200 or 300x300.
And keep to the rules of site.

----

The theme will be winter for now, might change it in a week's time for fun.
Go nuts.

Theme: Winter
Deadline: The end of this month

• 119 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

do you want that we invent monsters???

I want you to be creative. Snow and blues might make for a winter atmosphere, but when it all comes down to it, I want you to show what winter is.
Be creative, show what you can do. See some limits, push them and come out stronger.
It's a challenge, after all.

jpg don't looks bad

It looks like crap*. If you are going to save as a jpg, you need to be making your pictures in a programme, where you can save it without losing quality. You can't do that in paint.

*Usually it pixel-ate and the crispness of the lines are lost. It can make a masterpiece look like someone smashed their face against a pie several times.
younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

thanks to MrDayCee
i wanted it like that
but i'm not going to make any others
anyway thanks to cenere

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

@ younieboy : you're welcome! =)

@ Cenere : see, now I learned something today! Yay! I never knew that .PNG saves better quality than .JPEG! I had seen several images from the internet come by as .PNG, but never knew they were/are better, so... thanx for the lesson here Cenere! =D

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

@ MrDayCee
we can learn always something
anyway, thanks AGAIN!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Generally, I only use jpg for stuff I have drawn properly in Sai or Photoshop, since you can actually save that at an appropriate quality.
I could go find the picture Oak scolded me for, after I had saved it in jpg-mode.

And Younie, I would recommend you do a bit more, considering the issues you had with the starting ones, not having them scaled properly, saving them with quality loss and so forth.

Besides, there seem to be no takers for some monsters before I get home.

Does my first one count, or do I have to make another one? *groooaaan*

Awhatheheck, I'll make another one anyways.

I was included in my email, but you might as well make another.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Posted before I should, but eh.
Bad save:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/deeeeeeee.jpg

Good save:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/oaintball.png

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

@ cenere
didd you draw the first one? and the second too?
really on your own?
nice job =)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I did draw them yes, but they aren't much good. The second is vaguely alright as a way of show my colouring skills in paint, but otherwise, I don't consider them that well done.

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

I have terrible version of paint and cannot draw with a mouse but i am still ging to enter soon enough... Oh well, i am crap at drawing but it's fun.

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

@ lucasdalegend
you can download a better version of paint on the internet
it's free and it works

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I did draw them yes, but they aren't much good. The second is vaguely alright as a way of show my colouring skills in paint, but otherwise, I don't consider them that well done.

Since I have seen your other stuff I have to say that they are not great. I like the first one more though. The second one is boring to me.
robert_gabriel007
robert_gabriel007
3 posts
Nomad

more CLEAN vs some TRASH

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

you can download a better version of paint on the internet
it's free and it works

I tried doing that just now but i don't uderstand their site. I clicked downlad now and it gave me this thing that was sort of like microsoft word. Link anyone please?
younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

@ lucasdalegend
hre's a link, you can download different versions, just try them
free paint download

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

This is the only thing i see referring to MS Paint. All the other links go to different websites.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/240/paint11.png

It says that it is version 1.1 but is there any way of nowing what version i have so that i am not downloading the exact same program?

Showing 76-90 of 119