ForumsPopular MediaOld TV Series

59 29047
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

In this thread you can discuss and talk about your favorite TV Series from the 50's, 60's 70's, and 80's.

There were so many I liked.
I'll first start enumerating them by category.

Sci-Fi:
Star Trek, the Invaders, Buck Rogers (80's), Battlestar Gallactica (80's), Space 1999.

Action:
C.H.I.P, Hawaii 5-0, The Incredible Hulk, The Six Million Dollar Man, S.W.A.T, Magnum P.I, Mission Impossible (my fav), the Death Squadron (not sure about the title).

Comedy:
The Dukes of Hazzard, I dream of Jeanny.

Cartoons:
Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, Rocket Robin Hood.

That's all I can remember for now.

• 59 Replies
Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

The Dukes of Hazzard is AWESOME!!! I still watch it... lol

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The Dukes of Hazzard is AWESOME!!! I still watch it... lol

Yes, it's still good. Yeeeehaah! (when General Lee jumps 20 feet in the air)
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

anyone has mentioned this or not but what about Star Wars

Well... technically, Star Wars is a (great, awesome) series of movies, not 'TV' -series... so I don't think it fits this topic at all! Sorry... =/

The Dukes... history was made at the time! A simple series with a car that never seemed to be damaged after a jump, no matter how ridiculously high and far that jump was... epic stuff! =)
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The Dukes... history was made at the time! A simple series with a car that never seemed to be damaged after a jump, no matter how ridiculously high and far that jump was... epic stuff! =)

Yes when the car lands you can see the metal being torn and the suspension was probably badly damaged but the General Lee kept going.

Don't forget Daisy Duke with her tight short shorts and long legs.
numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

you gotta love Only Fools and Horses from the 80's and 90's.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I have been watching Brisco County Jr. It is a really good show with good humor.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

Some good old shows are

1. I Dream of Jeannie
2. Charlie's Angels
3. Monty Python's Flying Circus
4. Twilight Zone
5. Doogie Howser MD
6. Full House

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

Man, no one has posted here in a while.

Well, My favorite TV series of all time is an unlikely one. It's set in a WW2 German POW Luftstalag. The Kommandant is the most incompetent officer in the German Military, and the Senior POW Officer takes flights from the camp to London and back on British airc

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Well, yeah. I like older shows such as Star Trek, The Invaders, Mission Impossible, The Fugitive, and Gunsmoke.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

Ok, my post got cut off. Sorry. So, to continue....

British aircraft. His band of allied POWs then carry out attacks on the German war effort FROM INSIDE THE CAMP.
Yes, I'm talking about Hogan's Heroes." Great show.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Battlestar Galactica was the first one I've ever seen and I really liked it. I don't know Hogan's heroes, i haven't watched many old tv series. I've heard that the twilight zone and the Wire are pretty good.

derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

my favorite old show is the twilight zone with Rod Serling

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Has anyone here ever seen Thunderbirds? I recently started watching all of the old episodes. The special effects are surprisingly good.

You can watch the first episode here.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

The Andy Griffith Show. It's still good.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Thunderbirds

Yep, I mentioned it on page 1.
Thunderbirds in Super Marionation! xD
The special effects are amazing considering it was made in the 60's. The stories are interesting as well.

I also like Space 1999, the episodes were available for free on YouTube last time I checked.

If you're interested in Three Kingdoms, they are also available for free on YouTube with English subtitles. This series is amazing!!!
Showing 31-45 of 59