ForumsPopular MediaOld TV Series

59 29048
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

In this thread you can discuss and talk about your favorite TV Series from the 50's, 60's 70's, and 80's.

There were so many I liked.
I'll first start enumerating them by category.

Sci-Fi:
Star Trek, the Invaders, Buck Rogers (80's), Battlestar Gallactica (80's), Space 1999.

Action:
C.H.I.P, Hawaii 5-0, The Incredible Hulk, The Six Million Dollar Man, S.W.A.T, Magnum P.I, Mission Impossible (my fav), the Death Squadron (not sure about the title).

Comedy:
The Dukes of Hazzard, I dream of Jeanny.

Cartoons:
Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, Rocket Robin Hood.

That's all I can remember for now.

• 59 Replies
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

I will always be a fan of the Full House episodes. I miss the 90s.

The later episodes did get a little less cooler when everyone got older, but it's still cool.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I liked Step by Step. I watched pretty much all the episodes.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I also thought that Space 1999 was great. The nuclear explosion that propelled the moon and it's base into space was a cool idea. I think it was a transition between Thunderbirds (that was cool) and UFO.

I said it wrong, I meant UFO was the transition from animated puppets (Thunderbirds) to real actors (Space 1999).
Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

You missed the A-Team! And Knight Rider... Street Hawk... Airwolf... Blue Thunder... Automan... Scarecrow and Mrs King.

I watched a lot of TV obviously.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

One of my favorite old shows is Crime Story. A cop show with Dennis Farina set in the sixties. Its not perfect, but I find it quite entertaining.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Knight Rider.

I can't remember them all but you're right Knight Rider was cool and David Hasselhof wasn't a drunk & deprived man back then.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Does someone know the title of that series about American pilots fighting the Japanese during WW2 in the Pacific with their Corsairs. Robert Conrad was the main character. I loved that series but I can't recall the name of it. http://hangar18hobbies.com/images/ultra_micros/pkzu1600-gal11.jpg

I just loved those planes. I had a scale model I built when I was 11 yo. I climbed on the roof of my house, set the plane on fire and watched it crash in the backyard. xD

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Does someone know the title of that series about American pilots fighting the Japanese during WW2 in the Pacific with their Corsairs. Robert Conrad was the main character

Okay I found it. It's the Black Sheep Squadron .

After remembering the name of the main actor (he played the grey haired cop in Jingle All the Way) I looked it up on the IMDB.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Has anyone talked about Mr. Ed? Sadly I have only seen 1 episode because it is really hard to find on TV but I feel in love with the show.

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

personally i loved the british comedy only fool and horses

one of the best and much loved comedies out there

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

land of the lost 1970's

Was it a series about tiny people stuck in a land with giants?
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Does anyone remember "Doctor Who"?! That was an epic TV series in my time... =D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WJfZR1v_ctw/TWLVx-HuSOI/AAAAAAAAAF8/o0ThANLhCuA/s1600/WhoClassics7th4logo.jpg

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Does anyone remember "Doctor Who"?!

Of course! I have not seen the old ones but I watch the new ones.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Does anyone remember "Doctor Who"?!

I had the theme song and every time I played it wrecked havoc in my speakers.
LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

Does anyone remember "Doctor Who"?! That was an epic TV series in my time... =D

Ummm yes?!!!!

Ok, i know two of the actors which play in Doctor Who which i have provided my opinion with. The rest of them, i wouldn't be able to name them for my life.

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/233/abdo.png

By the way, i don't know whether anyone has mentioned this or not but what about Star Wars? I am pretty sure that the first few films were around that era.
Showing 16-30 of 59