ForumsPopular MediaOld TV Series

59 29004
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

In this thread you can discuss and talk about your favorite TV Series from the 50's, 60's 70's, and 80's.

There were so many I liked.
I'll first start enumerating them by category.

Sci-Fi:
Star Trek, the Invaders, Buck Rogers (80's), Battlestar Gallactica (80's), Space 1999.

Action:
C.H.I.P, Hawaii 5-0, The Incredible Hulk, The Six Million Dollar Man, S.W.A.T, Magnum P.I, Mission Impossible (my fav), the Death Squadron (not sure about the title).

Comedy:
The Dukes of Hazzard, I dream of Jeanny.

Cartoons:
Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, Rocket Robin Hood.

That's all I can remember for now.

• 59 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Flipped through and realized that I already mentioned the two shows I was going to say. Haha.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Ah, old Tv shows had so much more to offer than modern ones in most senses.

I used to adore Saved by the bell, Arthur, Hey Arnold, Rugrats etc.

That said, a lot of older shows that have been continually successful deserve a mention too like Weeds. 8 seasons and it was unreal.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

It's not really a "series" as such, and really a collection of short films and one feature film, but I love Wallace and Gromit. It follows the adventures of inventor Wallace and his faithful, but world weary, dog Gromit. They have travelled to the moon, tackled sheep rustlers, and fallen foul of an evil penguin disguised as a chicken controlling a set of robotic trousers.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130203005732/playstationallstarsbattleroyale/images/3/3d/Wallace-and-gromit.jpg

derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

my favorite old tv show is twilight zone

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

Te Andy Griffith Show can be really good.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Te Andy Griffith Show can be really good.

I think I saw pretty much all the episodes. Even my bro dog Noel ( RIP) used to watch it because he loved the whistle part.
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

I watched all the episodes of Dragon Ball Z.

Dette
Dette
1 posts
Farmer

I started watching MacGyver for some reason...

KawaiiRion
KawaiiRion
202 posts
Nomad

The Addams Family (60's, acted), several Osamu Tezuka's animes (especially Don Dracula, oh how I wish that it would've been a longer one), older Doctor Whos and so forth.

D: I swear I know more than that but they won't pop out from the depths of my silly head. Geez.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

If we stretch the definition of old to include things from 2002, I've just watched the first two episodes of Firefly. It's pretty good. It's essentially a western in space. It was canceled after one series though.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

If we stretch the definition of old to include things from 2002, I've just watched the first two episodes of Firefly. It's pretty good. It's essentially a western in space. It was canceled after one series though.

I guess ten years is enough to be considered old.
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I have season 2 and 3 of Gilligan's Island, which I've watch 2 to 3 times each. I've also seen a season of MacGyver, but that's about it, other than an episode of Welcome Back Cotter.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I still watch Step by Step. Cody and Frank are too hilarious! xD

AustinsGirl88
AustinsGirl88
1,217 posts
Nomad

My favorite older television show would have to be "The Big Valley" ♥

Showing 46-59 of 59