ForumsProgramming Forum[paid] -=PROJECT TRACED=- (Assistant Programmer Needed )

5 4106
Twisted_Devotion
Twisted_Devotion
5 posts
Nomad

Hello,

My name is Kaylin. Iâm an independent game designer looking to create a game exclusively for Kongregate. I have been designing this game for 3 intensive month in advanced to this post, Here is a little background information on what the game is about and a small description on the game play aspects:

Story:

Traced is a hacking type game set in a cyber-punk world where player plays a Grey Hat hacker. SecuDrone Industries has been an established company for some time; putting security programs in every major business and home system. Recently though, there have been reports of computer viruses and power surges worldwide. Evidence points to SecuDrone Industries as the culprit. In a bout of vigilantism the player will be tasked with the choice to either Defend Secudrone Industries by eliminating the evidence, or by investigating them in order to uncover the truth.

Aesthetic:

Visually, the game will look like a normal computer screen with a âspecialâ program created by the player loaded into it that renders hacking easier. The graphics will be minimal, as most of the files and nodes will be represented as primitive shapes.

Gameplay:

Visualize a computer screen that displays the world map with different blips on it indicating âserver spaces.â

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/World-Map-Concept.png

Upon entering this server space the player will be presented with a number of servers to choose from.

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/US-Server-Select-Concept-window-550x305.png

Upon choosing a server they are taken to an objective screen that explains the files they need to retrieve from the server. After that theyâll be sent to the outside server view window which will look like a smaller circle (indicating the player) hovering above a larger circle, indicating the server they are about to crack.

After entering a series of commands oto learn information about the server, find its weak points, and ultimately crack into the server, they will be taken into the serverâs mainframe.

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Server-Minigame-550x412.png

The mainframe will be presented as a maze where the files are hidden. While going through the maze to find said files theyâll have to avoid the âSecoDronesâ that will be patrolling the server. As the player moves through the server theyâll drop little squares called âLogs.â that can be detected by the Secudrones.

If the SecuDrones detect a log theyâll follow it in order to find the playerâs point of entry, or âTraceâ (picture pacman if you will). If they find the point of entry then the player will be booted from the server resulting in a lost port to crack. Three loses results in a game over. After successfully finding the file the player will enter backtrack mode where they must re-trace their steps and âdeleteâ the logs from the server. once theyâre out, the whole process begins again but with another chosen server.

Assistant Programmer:

Requirements: Knowledge of Flash Action Script and/or Flash Punk framework, Experience, Willingness to cooperate with team members.

Task: This being a game mainly based on coding, Programmers are the glue of what will make this project come together. The assistant programmer will work with the designer to design, create, and code game play elements and mechanics in accordance to the design document.

Before I open up the forum to replies let me get some things out of the way:

Will you be working as well?: Of course I will be working as well. Along with designing and leading the project, I will be doing Music composition, Writing, and Programming.

How will this all work?: The project will progress from meeting to meeting. Meetings are small informal get-togethers over Skype to discuss the progress of the project, as well as assign new tasks and deadlines based on the
schedule that I have created from the first initial meeting. These Skype meetings will be held every two weeks
starting from the 18th of January. On the first meeting (January 18th) Iâll discuss the deadlines with all participants.

What will I get out of all of this?: Having you help me on this project means a lot to me (this being my first big project), Ideally, I want everyone on the team to get an equal share of the revenue that the game generates. However if the project does not make any money, I will pay everyone upwards of $75-$100 for their participation.

Why do you need a programmer when you could just code this yourself?: Most of my work is on the design, writing and music composition side of this project. while I maintain that I do know Action Script, My knowledge of coding structures, methods, etc. is lacking at this point in time. I would like to have an assistant to fill in the cracks of spaces I miss while I code (and trust me there are a lot of them), so that way the project will get done by the expected deadline (June 1st).

The official start date of the project, or the first meeting will be on the 18th of January, 2012.

For more information reply to this post or email me at onemanproject@live.com.

Thank you very much for your time.
  • 5 Replies
Twisted_Devotion
Twisted_Devotion
5 posts
Nomad

Yikes! so many question mark boxes! Is there a way I can edit the topic to correct those errors?

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Unfortunately you cannot edit topics. Don't worry though, the thing is still very readable.

I would like to help, but I'm not very experienced. I can do some things with ActionScript, but I can't do more complicated things like platformers. I once tried to make a platformer and completely failed.

Nethertheless, I can help in any way I can.

Twisted_Devotion
Twisted_Devotion
5 posts
Nomad

I also forgot to edit out that the game is not exclusive to Kongregate, its for Armor Games as well.

Twisted_Devotion
Twisted_Devotion
5 posts
Nomad

A few more days until this closes up guys.

Twisted_Devotion
Twisted_Devotion
5 posts
Nomad