Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

What Is Your Opinion On Cheating (In a sense of adultery).

Posted Jan 12, '12 at 9:27pm

DairyHick

DairyHick

109 posts

I personally think very low of people that cheat on their boy/girl friends or spouses and I have zero toleration for these people. If my girlfriend where to just kiss another guy on the lips I would break up with her.

Although I regret to say this I am not very certain that in situations whether I would cheat on my girlfriend or not...

Since we are all friends here I thought we could perhaps talk about this topic.

Posted Jan 12, '12 at 9:48pm

zakyman

zakyman

1,588 posts

I think that if you cheat than you do not deserve the person that you are in a relationship with. When you are in a relationship it should be exclusive unless you and your partner agree upon if you can date other people.

Since we are all friends here I thought we could perhaps talk about this topic.

I'M NOT UR FREND!!!!!!!!!!!!

/jk

Posted Jan 12, '12 at 9:56pm

DairyHick

DairyHick

109 posts

I'M NOT UR FREND!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW YOU ARE!

----------------------------------------------------------
Ok...

I think that if you cheat than you do not deserve the person that you are in a relationship with

What if your partner has cheated on you?

Posted Jan 12, '12 at 9:58pm

zakyman

zakyman

1,588 posts

Well then I would break up with her.

NOW YOU ARE!

WHY!!!!!!!!????????

Posted Jan 12, '12 at 10:04pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

Relationships require a certain level of trust between the to involved. Going behind someone's back like this would constitute a violation of that trust.
Of course it's a different story of both parties have agreed to not be exclusive, but I don't think that is what your talking about here.

Posted Jan 12, '12 at 10:17pm

314d1

314d1

3,510 posts

If my girlfriend where to just kiss another guy on the lips I would break up with her.

Heh. Sure you have a girlfriend.

I personally think very low of people that cheat on their boy/girl friends or spouses and I have zero toleration for these people. If my girlfriend where to just kiss another guy on the lips I would break up with her.

Really depends on the context and society, doesn't it? I mean would it be considered "cheating" if your wife got *****? If you have zero tolerance, then why would you have any standards for ever cheating on your wife? What is considered cheating?

Posted Jan 12, '12 at 10:38pm

zakyman

zakyman

1,588 posts

I mean would it be considered "cheating" if your wife got *****?

He means if she makes the conscious decision to go and have sex with another person other than him.

Posted Jan 12, '12 at 11:00pm

wipe42

wipe42

514 posts

Perfect example today actually. Now this was a little awkward though..
SO this girl really likes me but I don't like her at all. Actually, most of you know why, if not then I'm gay so there you go, and after a little bit of a day she tries to ask me out, but I have a boyfriend so I really am not attracted to her at all. Remember though she has a boyfriend knows, I'm gay, and lives with her boyfriend. So now I have to talk with her and her boyfriend with my boyfriend and just to prove that I'm not trying to go out with her....

Of course it's a different story of both parties have agreed to not be exclusive, but I don't think that is what your talking about here.

Now I don't understand this. Why would you cheat anyway? You're making an agreement to be with that person while your dating them, so why jeopardize that in any way regardless if you have agree to not be exclusive?

Public humiliation. I know how people around me work. I know what makes them tick and if they hurt me badly enough I use that against them. I've only ever done this once though so I'm not really a horrible person for just knowing it am I? I wouldn't think so if I just kinda figured it out...

Posted Jan 12, '12 at 11:16pm

DairyHick

DairyHick

109 posts

WHY!!!!!!!!????????

CAUSE I ADDED YOU!!!

Heh. Sure you have a girlfriend.

lol what do you want, a facebook add?

Now I don't understand this. Why would you cheat anyway? You're making an agreement to be with that person while your dating them, so why jeopardize that in any way regardless if you have agree to not be exclusive?

I think weakness in itself is in human nature. You can never truly be in full control your desires. For example, I have a girlfriend. However If I were to be given the opportunity to sleep with someone that I find VERY attractive I am not sure if I have that kind of self control to deny the opportunity.

Posted Jan 13, '12 at 12:09pm

Dewi1066

Dewi1066

563 posts

It all depends on the relationship.

Men are supposed to be naturally attracted to multiple partners at once and a recent study suggested that when men stray, they do so whilst still loving their partner, its just they want more sex.

Personally I believe you can choose to be monogamous or not. Society expects monogamy, but different people expect different things from individual relationships.

I'm married, I've chosen monogamy as has my wife, so if our relationship became anything other than monogamous, we'd have to reassess whether we wanted to be together any more.

Reply to What Is Your Opinion On Cheating (In a sense of adultery).

You must be logged in to post a reply!