ForumsNews and FeedbackWhen "AG3" is released will our acounts stay or leave????

12 3215
soldierperson
soldierperson
269 posts
Peasant

Im just asking, so if it does leave im gonna have to start over my AP

• 12 Replies
soldierperson
soldierperson
269 posts
Peasant

please help me, oh and will the games work on the beta site? i have been there but the gaame i was going to play wont load

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

ap reset... i hate the idea.... its unfair if u know cuase jeol u'll want ur points to show your reputation wont you??

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

ap reset... i hate the idea.... its unfair if u know cuase jeol u'll want ur points to show your reputation wont you??

AP =/= reputation. If you have a lot of ap, but almost no posts, your reputation will be nothing. Forum dwellers go partly by numbers of posts and then mainly by the content in those posts.
That is what the reputation will be showing, when it gets released: The actual content of your activities, instead of the quantity.

My reputation will continue to be "Whiny, stickler idiot" whether I have points or not. The points does not show your reputation, they just show you like using the comments as a chat, or that you rate a lot or you are a lot on the forums, and even that isn't the AP.

The only thing AP does is unlocking the armatars. That is the only function, besides apparently being something people obsess about to the point where they will rather break the rules than just relax and ignore the AP.
soldierperson
soldierperson
269 posts
Peasant

ok thank you guys for the help

Thrillology
Thrillology
78 posts
Shepherd

I never use my account.

Last time I used it was in Summer 2011 in the Politics and Religion forum, but I didn't know we can save games with our accounts.
So, now I am back, though I am hardly on any flash games.

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

Cenere,
i disagree with you. although its not amazing.
i believe ap gives of a better rep than you would think. I know that i myself sometimes judge other people to an extent on there ap and what they have it for.

i know very few of the ag members personally so i use every little thing i know about them to judge what sort of a person they are.
i agree what you post is more important, but i think its just a shame to lose our ap. seeing as the forums wont be continued into ag 3, i think it would be nice to have some kind of recognition or memory for the effort that has been made there especially for users who have put hours and hours into theise forums. just saying, its all a shame to lose

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

i believe ap gives of a better rep than you would think. I know that i myself sometimes judge other people to an extent on there ap and what they have it for.

And so we are different.
I personally consider it like judging someone on the number of soda cans they have collected. If you collect soda cans yourself, you are most likely impressed, if you don't, then it is not particularly important.

As far as I know, there might very well be a "This used had: [AP] before the launch, made up by [rates], [comments], [posts], [games] and [merits]."
Or one might go about screencapping their progress themselves.

I also believe there is no final word on whether the forums will be reset or not, but since that is not a big part of the AP for most people, it would not mean a lot for the reset AP anyway.
That said, I also hope they reset the forums, they need a proper cleaning.
eddyalex
eddyalex
308 posts
Nomad

Can we sign up yet ? If not could you tel me when, Thanks...

undelivering
undelivering
65 posts
Nomad

I noticed there is no time limit for rating so this can be abused.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I noticed there is no time limit for rating so this can be abused.

Rating won't even give you points. Abusing the rating will only entail abusing your mouse and fingers.
Showing 1-10 of 12