Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[necro]What's the big deal about smoking?

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 8:43pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

He didn't ask why it was bad. He asked about your opinion about why so many people are against it. I think he should know the consequences. Unless that was your argument to why people are so against it and the people who choose to.

that was the argument actually, glad to see you noticed.

As for other people around me? Second hand smoke is a joke. I smoke outside, and it hardly gets in my face at all, and I'm the one smoking it. Don't like the smoke? Stand upwind. Seriously.

sorry man, majority rules, and so you will have to go downwind. it doesn't get in your face because you are blowing it in the direction of someone else.

Why are they smoking when they're pregnant? That's just stupid. They shouldn't be using any substances of that variety.

some are too adicted to stop. look at the mothers who did heroin while pregnant. they couldn't control themselves. also exposure to it seccondhand is almost as bad.

My choice. Let me deal with it.

deal with it all you like, the rest of us will just keep kicking you out of resturaunts because we aren't forced to deal with your problems.

It is just like one of those cases where things get stamped good or bad for eternity and smoking got stamped as bad habit.

...BECAUSE IT IS ONE! just ask any doctor, and all of them will tell you the same thing "smokings bad, and you are foolish for not agreeing."

-Blade

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 8:44pm

AequitasBU

AequitasBU

87 posts

I smoke and iv'e always wondered this too. **** off people that are against it and yell at me for smoking. STFU i'm not bothering you I'm just walking to class peacefully OUTSIDE! Parks that ban smoking are a joke as well. My choice, my problem **** off.

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 8:47pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

i'm not bothering you

That's not true.

My choice, my problem **** off.

The second hand smoke is everyone around you's problem.

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 8:47pm

devsaupa

devsaupa

924 posts

BECAUSE IT IS ONE! just ask any doctor, and all of them will tell you the same thing "smokings bad, and you are foolish for not agreeing."

I've seen doctors take a smoking break. It's bad sure, but so is driving, and flying, going on a ship, ect. One mistake will kill you.

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 8:51pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,564 posts

I don't get people why they are so against it?

Because no one who doesn't smoke wants to smell that crap. It also is bad for your health and everyone around you.

**** off people that are against it and yell at me for smoking. STFU i'm not bothering you I'm just walking to class peacefully OUTSIDE!

You shouldn't smoke around other people. Really, there's only a select few places that I wouldn't mind people smoking. Your home, your car, and that's about it. Everywhere else people use and go by, parks, streets, malls, offices, hotels, restrooms, etc. It does bother me very much to have to smell it. Even outside the wind carries it and instantly I would rather be somewhere else than there.

Parks that ban smoking are a joke as well.

I wouldn't want to go to a park that allowed smoking.

Think of it this way, you're walking down the road, and someone throws a rotten egg down in front of you. That's basically what you're doing to every person you pass while you're smoking.

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 8:52pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,858 posts

BECAUSE IT IS ONE! just ask any doctor, and all of them will tell you the same thing "smokings bad, and you are foolish for not agreeing."

so is drinking, people do stupid things while drunk but no one puts a ban on drinking

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 8:55pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,858 posts

You shouldn't smoke around other people. Really, there's only a select few places that I wouldn't mind people smoking. Your home, your car, and that's about it. Everywhere else people use and go by, parks, streets, malls, offices, hotels, restrooms, etc. It does bother me very much to have to smell it. Even outside the wind carries it and instantly I would rather be somewhere else than there

then that's ur problem, if u don't like it, walkaway.
If I go in some shop and someone other than shopkeeper tells me to put it out , my answer is only tw words which i wont write here as i cant afford another ban

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 8:56pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

... I nearly died from second hand smoking.

I have trouble believing this, unless you're one of those people who can't tolerate any smoke, tobacco or not.

Well if they're addicted before hand. I'm not sure if they can just up and quit.

I dunno about that. My mother did a pretty good job, and she's been smoking since she was 11.

sorry man, majority rules, and so you will have to go downwind.

Ummm... no.

it doesn't get in your face because you are blowing it in the direction of someone else.

Am I? Or am I just blowing it out of my mouth?

also exposure to it seccondhand is almost as bad.

Assuming you get it in the same quantities as the smoker, which probably isn't going to happen, it's worse. No one ever debated otherwise.

deal with it all you like, the rest of us will just keep kicking you out of resturaunts because we aren't forced to deal with your problems.

I'm not an *******. Did I not just say I smoke outside?

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 8:57pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

so is drinking, people do stupid things while drunk but no one puts a ban on drinking

Yes they have, and it failed. Anyways, just like people can't smoke anywhere, people can't drink anywhere, such as when driving a car. Also, you can't justify one things as not being a problem because something else isn't.

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 8:57pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,564 posts

then that's ur problem, if u don't like it, walkaway.

It's my problem, and everyone else who doesn't like it. Which is about 90% of the population.

Should I be allowed to throw crap all over the park? It's your problem, if you don't like it, walk away.