ForumsWEPR[necro]What's the big deal about smoking?

163 52420
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I don't get people why they are so against it?
If someone chooses to smoke let them do so, no one crashes a car while smoking.In my opinion, its like every thing else that is excess of everything is bad.
My father started it at 17(same as me) and my grand fater at 14.They are still okay(now they age 79 and 40).
Tell me about your opinions.

• 163 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Wait, i have more fun facts. Lung cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer, and is the cancer the produces the most deaths.

links
more links

This kind of means an extremely large amount of the people with cancer who have died were smokers.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

We made a choice and like a lot of other smokers i could care less about the effects it has on me

That's nice. Your choice.

or anyone who happens to walk past me for one second.

And this part makes you the rear exit of a donkey.

No. I don't care. Done.

And that's the problem.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Fellow smokers, The evidence will always be against us. But we knew this already right? We know all the harmful stuff is in it, We've all been told as youngins. So why bother caring what others think anymore. We made a choice and like a lot of other smokers i could care less about the effects it has on me or anyone who happens to walk past me for one second. Take all your google facts and keep typing keyboard warriors, but guess what all your fact finding doesn't leave me going Oh my gosh I gotta stop now and stop smoking around people outside. No. I don't care. Done.

we know it won't stop you, but we think of it more as a preventative for whoever reads this while deciding if they should take up smoking.

-Blade
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

but the constant exposure to it at a young age made you much more likely to smoke because you wanted to emulate your parents.

Did you just... Did you seriously try to tell me why I started smoking?

sorry, but you don't have a choice.

Umm... yes I do. I choose to stand where I please. It's not my job to keep you healthy, nor do I particularly care how healthy you are or want to be.

out of your mouth, and into the air that other people breathe, who hate the smell and hate the guy causing it.

Yes, because a smell will totally kill you.

living in a careless smoker's household makes this very likely.

Fixed. Parents who smoke indoors around their children are idiots. Anyone who would debate this is stupid. Smoking outside? Suck it up. There is plenty of ventilation to keep any large number of molecules out of your lungs.

so what, you are then bothering the people outside

People who care that I smoke outside really need to get a life. I'm not blowing smoke in your face, chances are I'm standing ten feet from you because while I don't necessarily care about you, I'm not an *******.

face it, majority rules.

Cool story, bro.

I'm an asthmatic.

Well that would make sense. Of course the smoke is harmful, pollen is harmful for you.

don't need to, just ask the 35 year old smoker whos hacking up a lung right now and ask how good he's feeling good.

My mom's been smoking for thirty years. I don't recall her hacking up a lung any time recently.
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

I don't smoke cuz I a'int a chimney.

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

I don't smoke cuz I a'int a chimney.
*facepalm* *sighs* No. I give up on listening to this conversation.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Fellow smokers, The evidence will always be against us. But we knew this already right? We know all the harmful stuff is in it, We've all been told as youngins. So why bother caring what others think anymore. We made a choice and like a lot of other smokers i could care less about the effects it has on me or anyone who happens to walk past me for one second. Take all your google facts and keep typing keyboard warriors, but guess what all your fact finding doesn't leave me going Oh my gosh I gotta stop now and stop smoking around people outside. No. I don't care. Done.

i'm with you bro.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

you know what, I'm just going to stop arguing now. I've told you what you needed to hear, the rest is up to you.

Did you just... Did you seriously try to tell me why I started smoking?

don't know, did I? if I did, that would be cool, but no I didn't actually state why you started smoking. just following more statistic on this one.

-Blade
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Well that would make sense. Of course the smoke is harmful, pollen is harmful for you.

Yeah, and 25.7 million other people in the U.S. And 7 million of those are kids. As long as you know that you only take in 15% of your smoke, and the other, more harmful 85% goes into the air. If you choose to continue after that, I can understand. I don't agree, but for now, I understand.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

just following more statistic on this one.

Statistics are trends. They don't work on individuals. Don't do it again.

As long as you know that you only take in 15% of your smoke, and the other, more harmful 85% goes into the air

I guess it's a good thing you aren't inhaling all of it, isn't it?

If somebody is still standing there while inhaling all of it, I would call an ambulance. They're probably having a heart attack.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

My state already banned smoking in public buildings. I don't really care either way because I have a high tolerance to smells. Most people don't care when it's outside, but when it's in a room with less-than-great ventilation, it lingers for a long time.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

I agree 100% with thepunisher, it's one's own personal choice to smoke or not, and while I don't, I wouldn't tell anybody not to. South Park handled this situation with a degree of professionalism that I haven't seen from anybody on either side of this argument.

If someone gets a small bit of comfort from smoking a cigarette after a long day, that's a legal action, and its their way of winding down. Who are we to tell them what legal and non-legal actions they can do? If you don't like them smoking, then walk away.

-Chillz

GodOfWar35
GodOfWar35
189 posts
Blacksmith

Lung suicides.....if you want so...huh ?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

never understood why people even do it. or at least why they start. i dont mind if people smoke but i think its really impolite (espacially if they are your friends) if they just take one out and start smoking near you. i HATE the smell and i really cant stand it.

i have a friend who smokes every time i see him. idk why he started and whenever i talk to him about it he is imberresed. its not that i enjoy embarasing him (idk how to spell that word) but i think you should tell people if they just started.

i honestly think he is really weak. he "stopped" smoking so many times and got back to it that i stopped being happy when he told me he stopps. and he made a big deal out of it when he didnt smoke in the morning so he thought he should reward himself by smoking in the afternoon.

i could never understand why he started. and im sure that his problem is (or maybe was) his weak will and not actual addiction

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

never understood why people even do it. or at least why they start. i dont mind if people smoke but i think its really impolite (espacially if they are your friends) if they just take one out and start smoking near you. i HATE the smell and i really cant stand it.

Even though this thread is about why smoking is good, I hate the smell...sometimes cough real hard because of the air.

Cigarettes smoked today: about 13 billion

Deaths caused by smoking this year

Deaths caused by alcohol this year.

eh....not good to smoke.
Showing 31-45 of 163