ForumsProgramming Forumneed help on making a game

4 5004
tocobelly
tocobelly
1 posts
Nomad

so i have a great idea for a smash em up style stickfigure game but i dont have any money and i need a good free soft ware to make it on, any ideas will be reatly appreciated.

• 4 Replies
mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

there is no free software for making flash games... you need adobe flash professional, I use CS5.5
if you can get a student discount do it.

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

there is no free software for making flash games... you need adobe flash professional, I use CS5.5
if you can get a student discount do it.

Actually, you can develop flash games for free with Flash Develop (not for beginners), and Stencil
alex57834
alex57834
88 posts
Nomad

Do you know actionscript yet

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

there is also FDT5 free to add to that list and a few orthers (the others are mostly don't realy work all that well or are for linux ( i use that) and still work choppy.

also there are plenty of text editors that have plugins or langague librarys for AS3 though you will only get formatting and sntax highlighting where flash develop and FDT5 are IDEs and stencil i have very little knolegabout but it sounds like Game Maker for flash... though it sounds good it NEVER work to the full needs so bad idea realy.ahh looked it up basicly MIT's scratch but in a flash version.. hmm not bad idea... might be worth bloging about... XD

so here are some links

Flash Develop
FDT5
and stencyl (not recommended for real programmers)

hope that helps

Showing 1-4 of 4