ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Why do we have to restart points?

Posted Jan 22, '12 at 2:11am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,169 posts

Knight

Wait does that mean i lose my Armartar?

If I'm not wrong, all Armatars will be available when you start on AG3, they don't need to be unlocked.

Posted Jan 22, '12 at 7:27pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,805 posts

AG want to go a new way.
Actually you can easaly spam AP in different ways (and im sure there poeple out that do that), for example, actually we dont must play a game to rate it or leave a (some) comment(s) there, but we gat AP for that, so its pretty easy to get AP and a high rank.
On AGv3 you MUST play a game to get AP (think that can easaly bind on achivements, etc).
So the new way is totally different from the old way... thats why they set the "counter" to "0".

Posted Feb 8, '12 at 11:05pm

Schmiddy1234

Schmiddy1234

887 posts

@UnleashedUponMankind

SO AGREED! Ppl just rate all the games just to farm AP... It shows they just want AP and don't care about what they are doing...

Posted Feb 8, '12 at 11:22pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,206 posts

well actually you don't lose them but they get converted to AG3 points so all is not lost

A big misconception. Points earned in AG2 will be set to 0 in AG3. You will however be given legacy achievements for your accomplishments in AG2. Whether you earn points for these specific achievements is a coin flip. Confirmation on this wasn't 100% established during Cormyn's stay (he was our go-to guy for asking AG3 related questions since, you know, he helped build it and was active in the community).

If I'm not wrong, all Armatars will be available when you start on AG3, they don't need to be unlocked.

All of these were available during Closed Beta only for testing. How they were set up back then were in actual defined armatar sets in quadrant blocks. Unlocking armatars in AG3 will most likely be done in a multitude of ways other than points.

On AGv3 you MUST play a game to get AP (think that can easaly bind on achivements, etc)

You can't know this for certain. Right now, all that is in the release is a game play counter by just opening up the game page (By the way I have over a hundred in AG3 game plays, I wonder if I will hit the ground running this way). If users will get points by doing this, it will be far easier than rating a game due to the handy F5 tool. If developers go for the idea of giving you points for just playing flash games, there will probably be a one-time activation within said game to be legitimate.

Ppl just rate all the games just to farm AP... It shows they just want AP and don't care about what they are doing...

I forsee that users will still get points for doing this in the form of achievements (rate 100 games, etc.)

Reply to Why do we have to restart points?

You must be logged in to post a reply!