ForumsPopular MediaWhat's better Rock music or Pop music? YOU DECIDE!

159 40428
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I love music and listen to many different types of generes. I was wondering with all this pop music we hear know what is better music rock or pop.

Leave your interesting and creative responsis below!

• 159 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Green Day is more punk than rock, and Linkin Park isn't really rock; more nu-metal and rap than anything.

Rock is a very wide genre that hold a lot of sub-genres... but I have to agree with nichodemus on the bands you listed blk2860... these are normally categorised under different genres, even Muse. The latter is considered alternative rock, but is mostly filed under NewProg and Electronic as a genre...
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I'll take Rock over Pop, especially today's version of pop because it is no longer music played by musicians, it's now computers making sounds and untalented singers using gadgets to fix their crappy voices. Just talking about it makes me need to listen to some Bob Dylan..

Things Have Changed

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

it's now computers making sounds and untalented singers using gadgets to fix their crappy voices.

If you consider Pop to be MJ's brand of pop, I might be tempted to vote in favour of Pop....but oh well....

Problem is, I like Pop-Rock a lot. Dilemma.
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

The problem with pop is that when the artist records the song, he/she can do anything on the computer. They can fix any mistake. If they sing of tune, they can alter it to sound correct. That's why if a pop singer is live, they sound like garbage.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Rock: 21

Pop: 8

What about ADELE some of her songs are classified as Pop songs? Rock has taken a strong command in the votes but Pop can still get back and get votes.

Keep discussing and voting for which one is better!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

The problem with pop is that when the artist records the song, he/she can do anything on the computer. They can fix any mistake. If they sing of tune, they can alter it to sound correct. That's why if a pop singer is live, they sound like garbage.

That's not true. Musicians from any genre can fix their vocals or songs on the computer if you're not aware of that.

Attack! Attack! for example, uses a lot of autotune. So does We Came As Romans.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

2. Fort Minor, Remember the Name

Fort Minor is not rock at all; it's hip hop and rap.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Attack! Attack! for example, uses a lot of autotune.

Also Rock doesn't use any autotune right?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Also Rock doesn't use any autotune right?

Disagree. There are rock bands that make use of autotune, and metalcore is a subgenre of metal, which at a stretch, can be considered a subgenre of rock.

Furthermore, even if Pop uses autotune, it might mean the ''value'' of the song decrease for music elitists, but it doesn't make me enjoy the song any less if I like the melody, vocals, or beat. And the ultimate aim of most music is just for the enjoyment of its listeners, and that is what I will judge music by, rather than snobbishly discarding any music because they ''cheated''.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

There are rock bands that make use of autotune,

Oh wow I have never heard a rock band use autotune before.

One rap singer that uses autotune so much is T-Pain. Listen to the song 5 O'clock. The whole thing is autotuned. Personaly I like songs that aren't autotuned many rock and pop singers do not use autotune and they are the more succesful ones.
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

rock is way better. pop is mostly autotuned crap

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

Rock is much better than Pop and 44Flames it makes u dance? yeah ok it does that but is that the only thing u care about? Rock Musicians can actually SING!!!!!!!

True dat! Who hasn't heard Justin Bieber sing?

X/
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Who hasn't heard Justin Bieber sing?
No. Justin... ugh, should not be considered Rock nor even music.

Rock, by the way.

-Stephen
TheFlash6
TheFlash6
83 posts
Nomad

Pop I mean who does'nt like Dynomite over stepen Tyler I mean seriosly all that guy does is scream.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

rock=rebel.that is why rock owns

Showing 61-75 of 159