ForumsSupport Forummerit comments don't get noticed as much as they should.

26 4646
ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

Hey im not sure if anyone thinks this but merit worthy comments don't always get seen,I myself have posted atleast 5 merit worthy comments and not one has been seen,I have asked people to see if I did it right,and even if I do they dont get noticed all the time,is it just me? Also I do realize that mods do work extreamly hard to try this,so cld some1 explain y?

• 26 Replies
bestgamer123
bestgamer123
215 posts
Nomad

Whats the point in moaning it dosent really matter.

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

I like getting merits I have some out there but I know I have to be patient!

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

patient?
ive been patient for 2 weeks.
I have about 3-7 merit worthy comments
i still dont have one
my friend has about 3 and he already has a merit.
Yes they seem not as recognized as they should be because most people who leave comments dont understand why people leave a big chunky comment

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Heres how I think about, In my mind I've made plenty of merit worthy comments, I only have one merit, i Just believe that if I didn't get a merit, it's because I didn't deserve it, which might be the case for you too. I still believe that I should've gotten the merit but apparently no one else did. And you guys should help eachother out and be on the lookout for merit worthy comments, it's you guys who bring it to their attention, and if your not doing your part, people won't get their merits.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

sorry for double post but didn't notice this at first.

Yes they seem not as recognized as they should be because most people who leave comments dont understand why people leave a big chunky comment

A big comment doesn't equal a merit. The comment has to be high quality as well.
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

OK. Everyone imagine if we only posted comments for Merits. Is the only reason your posting good comments is just to get merits?! Making good comments that help the user in time is rewarding enough. Only sometimes, a mod might say "Hm, this person has posted a very helpful merit. Let's reward him even more with a merit." Also, Mods can't be at every game comment page everyday, all the time. So have that in mind next time.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

A big comment doesn't equal a merit. The comment has to be high quality as well.

to the people who dont know what a merit is thats what they see it as
kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

hm i explained on my profile this

i wrote 8 merit woth comments and 3 of them were found means

like 35% this is not much and this is the reason i dont try anymore to get merits i wrote onn popular games and even on new so it was a time waist the only thing now is i ahve a arce with big bowla who will get the most merits till end of june so this is the only time i will try to get merits otherwise i would never try

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

like 35% this is not much and this is the reason i dont try anymore to get merits i wrote onn popular games and even on new so it was a time waist

First of all, this is not meant to be an insult, but rather to explain something. Another part of merited posts is that the language, grammar, and content is merit-worthy. Your percentage may be skewed since your comments may not have all been merit worthy, taken into consideration your lack of punctuation and coherency throughout your post. Then again, you may step it up for game reviews, I don't know.

Some comments are not merited because they aren't good enough, others are never seen because of the boatload of spammy comments. If you wish to get merited comments seen more, flag the spam comments, and maybe that will help the mods clean them out.
kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

i know i meant my current percent of getting merited i am doing this everytime i am writting a merit worth comment also i am doing this not toscare people of not writting merit worth comments i am sayying this because i was bad i never knew grammar was important my grammar was always bad but now its good ( if i want to get a merit) but i dont try to get merits becasue sometimes they just dissappear in the world of spamm comments so a mod sometimes does not see a merit worth comment also if they oversee it or it is gone before a mod has seen it or someone nominated it, it was a waist of my time so i rather take my hands from merits

Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

I know that but I wish my comments got noticed.

Showing 16-26 of 26