Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Cloning

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 8:53pm

zombieslayer

zombieslayer

96 posts

what are everyones thoughts on cloning

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 8:55pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,765 posts

in what kind of way

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 9:00pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,765 posts

I guess so..but if every did it, nobody would die and we would all die of starvation, come back to life, die again..

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 9:01pm

Eshploded

Eshploded

503 posts

I think it has it's uses, even for humans! Imagine, your wife gets into an accident and you take a bit of their DNA, go through a legal process, and your wife is back! yay!! wahoo!!! o yeah!!

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 9:05pm

Eshploded

Eshploded

503 posts

There could be some governmental rules for that.

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 9:08pm

RaptorExx

RaptorExx

2,330 posts

wat/ anywayit has uses, but it's not all htat great of an idea, just go look at the Thought Experiment and think of that...

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 9:12pm

Carlie

Carlie

7,222 posts

Knight

Even if you brought your wifes body back, she would still not be the same person.

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 9:27pm

gwoodruler

gwoodruler

233 posts

ya and also cloning requires that a mother give birth to the baby and that kid then has to grow up. so even if you did clone your wife and she was the same person(which she wouldnt be) you would have to wait like 20 years to be with her.

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 9:29pm

Eshploded

Eshploded

503 posts

We never are the same person.

Posted Jan 31, '08 at 9:49pm

RaptorExx

RaptorExx

2,330 posts

gwoodruler is probably right, I never really thought about it cause I don't really think about cloning subjects all too much, but when you clone something I do find it hard to believe it just grows to the same age it was as it's DNA host was, lol, a sheep was cloned and it starts magically growing...ch-ch-ch-chia!