94 posts
Nomad

what are everyones thoughts on cloning

• 84 Replies
opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

no if a clone is a replication of someone who already lives then a clone is just that a clone. If a clone is born like a baby that its right to live is great. But if i create a clone of myself i mean it would depend on how much of a clone on a real person that they were

Kererr
Kererr
135 posts
Nomad

"opentotruth, you are saying that clones are not real people then. dont they have just as much right to live as you do?" - bullfroggy5

Hmm, persuasive argument.

But really, you don't seem to have anything wrong with clones, but the question is... are you a clone?

(I'm joking, but reply please!)

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

lol thats another thing though if u were a clone would their be a way to tell or could a clone kill its oringal and take its place.

ZachCraft
ZachCraft
108 posts
Nomad

Cloning people to make more (obviously) would disrupt the balance of Life. The world would become overpopulated, death rates would increase, there would be more places to get jobs at, the entire world would be plunged into poverty, minerals would be harvested too quickly, deforestation would occur all around the Earth, so more industry could be created. So basically, everyone's screwed.

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

well their u go lol

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

I dilsike cloning mostly becuase it not how it was supposed to be. Its un-natural and its just weird. I do however like the idea of cloning organs it would help a lot with transplants and they won't have to take that medicine. So organs-good, whole humans-bad in my opnion.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Because I am a Christian, I would have to say from my point of view it is a bad idea. I think it would be just like the movie "The Pet Cememtery". Yes, that is exactly what I think it would be like, so go watch the movie if you have not seen it.

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

Well a cool movie thing

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Cloning people to make more (obviously) would disrupt the balance of Life. The world would become overpopulated

Already happens all around, mate.

But that makes me wonder. Let's imagine, if you will, that cloning became a regulated, legally sanctioned process, or, failing that, at least a practical reality. What's the chances that it'd turn into some kind of industry? What kind of industry would it be?

omg, the possibilities! creeeeeeeepy 8D

Brigadier
Brigadier
51 posts
Nomad

Cloning would cause too many problems for humans.

It's a nice Idea but it would harm humanity more than it would help it.

Like strop said, It would cause overpopulation.
It would also cause more job problems. Work would be even tougher to find. Not to mention all the troubles it would cause with crimes.

We would have to put original fingerprints on the clones just so we could tell who did what crime.

I'm sure cloning could have it's uses but I don't think it's a very good Idea.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Heh, I wasn't the one who said that cloning would cause overpopulation, ZachCraft did. I think it most likely wouldn't significantly contribute.

That said, I myself can't envisage some kind of industrialised human cloning process in the way commonly discussed: cloning people in their entirety like for soldiers etc. Cloning cells, however, to develop organs to reduce the need for transplantation sounds like a more practical application.

ZachCraft
ZachCraft
108 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't believe there should be ANY cloning whatsoever. But then again, I also think there shouldn't be any medicine, because everything's SUPPOSED to be natural. However, cloning people would most definately cause overpopulation, and cloning organs to save people would also cause overpopulation.

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

right no medicine thats just dumb man

ZachCraft
ZachCraft
108 posts
Nomad

It's not dumb, it's natural. I just don't think things should be mixed together, unless they're herbs and what not.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Opentotruth the idea of herbel remedies is still a common practice today(mainly in latin american, asian and african countries)Anyway back to cloning, the idea of making an army of clones(starwars)is technally practical but then there are many moral issues with breeding something for wars. On the other hand a clone can technaicly not be considered human so there is no morality involved. There are thousands of vice-versas for both sides.

On the cloning of organs, this seems to have a practical use as transplant lists continue to get longer and more people die waiting. So if you could make an organ from a stem cell then it would help greatly with transplants and there are few greviances that can be raised about it.

Showing 61-75 of 84