ForumsThe TavernDragon Skin body armor

53 11747
BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

I would like to tell everyone about dragon skin body armor and how awsome it is because It saved my cousin's life yesterday

it can take three full clips from an AK-47 and not one bullet will penetrate and can also survive a dragunv sniper rifle and a frag grenade pretty cool huh

• 53 Replies
BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

he was on patrol with his squad not that coplicated 0_o

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

then why did that guy shoot?
is that guy an idiot?

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

I don't know and Knowing my cousin he probably didn't ask questions before he caped him

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

lol good point, ii i were there i would just finish him off

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

yeah well he told me that he "accidentally"shot him in the legs ten times before finishing him off

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

well, why not have a bonus round?
nothing wrong with "accidently" doing it

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

I'm assuming this was over in Iraqi territory. I really am confuzzled about this whole thing. I believe that the armor can withstand the shots, i have witnessed test videos. What i am having trouble believing is the fact that an Iraq rebel was using a Russian 7.62-mm SVD Dragunov Sniper Rifle. I can understand how, but it would be very rare. Your cousin was very lucky it wasn't an armor piercing 7.62 round. Was most likely a 5.56 MM Tracer Round.

I'm just glad another US soldier was spared today.

PS: It's spelled Dragunov

- Arax 0_X

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

yeah I thought that was wierd too but my cousin kept the sniper and it is pretty hard to mistake it for something else and thanks for the spell correction

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

who the heck thought of that armor?
i dont know much about guns, which bullets can pierce it?

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

I don't know a fifty cal. probably could

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

ok i mine as well not ask i dunno anything about guns
all i do is play games
my friend talks about guns like all day 24/7, most of the time i nod a pretend i understand

oops i wandered off topic

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

Even though bullets cant always piece it, some rifles and turrets can cause enough blunt force to rupture internal organs causing you to bleed to death. Not really much to stop that. Only the most powerfull guns can do that though.

ngfan14
ngfan14
870 posts
Shepherd

Here is a picture of dragon skin armor.
http://www.mainandcentral.org/home/mainand/public_html/Dragon%20Skin%20armor.jpg
Here is how wikipedia describes dragon skin body armor if you don't know what it is.
"Dragon Skin body armor is a type of ballistic vest made by Pinnacle Armor. It is distinguished by its silver dollar-sized circular discs that overlap like scale armour, creating a flexible vest that allows a greater range of motion and can allegedly absorb more hits than standard military body armor. The discs are composed of a silicon carbide ceramic matrices and laminates, much like the larger ceramic plates in other types of bulletproof vests."

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

its pretty cool body armor and besides, blunt weapon damage can happen to any body armor and destroy your organs

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

but another great thing about the over lapping plates is that it can displace the blunt force very efficently

Showing 16-30 of 53