ForumsWEPRHot EARTH.

16 3893
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Do you find that the weather now is very hot?
compared to 6 years or so ago.
the weather now is so hot that,
whenever i play basketball in the afternoon,i have to squint my eyes,well not because of the heat but because of the brightness
and i will sweat alot.
and,can anyone tell me if the % of heatstrokes have gone up?

• 16 Replies
Divolurr
Divolurr
39 posts
Nomad

Global warming. The human race killing itself. Don't you watch the news?

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

i do watch the news.

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

Shermzx, theres hotter years and colder years almost everywhere. Global warming isnt as much as a problem as air polution.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

i felt that the earth is becoming gradually,wat's ur take?

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

i felt that the earth is becoming gradually,wat's ur take?

Becoming gradually? Anyway...

I don't think, at least where I live, that global warming is so noticeable. I have heard of other effects, such as a shorter hunting season for polar bears because the ice melts earlier in the season, so they cannot store up as much food before hibernation, but I don't think that in my short life here there has been any dramatic change in temperature that I have noticed it.

Also, in regards to your question about heat stroke, I did not find any conclusive evidence that there has been an increase, though there is speculation that there might be, when global warming gets worse.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Global warming is causing weather to become more extreme in general. Summers will be hotter, while winters are getting colder. Weather is just becoming harsher in general.

Girl_Power2
Girl_Power2
126 posts
Nomad

Ireland is cold in Summer at the moment and it always rains in Summer.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

For the past two summers, it has been cooler where I live. Last night was 40 degrees (Fahrenheit) when it should be around 70! Global Warming is just a hoax.

The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

Exaggeration or mental placebo? Because someone is telling you it's getting hotter you usually think it's getting hotter. Why? I'm not sure, but like placebos, when someone gives someone fake medicine telling them it's real medicine and its tested if the participant is tricked, everyone is exaggerating. Global Warming didn't really take effect yet. In the last 1,000 years or so, the Earth's climatic temperature has increased by about 1 degree Fahrenheit. This is a big change, I kid you not, but not noticeable yet. It's probably not Global Warming itself. Also, everyone should note without these Greenhouse Gases, we would be living in an ice age. It's nothing to be freaking out over. In these past hundred or so years, we haven't contributed enough to worry about, YET. Eventually it will become worse but not in our life times.

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

I agree with The_Masquerade. Global warming has been occurring before people have been causing pollution. Sure, because of people the Earth is going to get a little bit hotter. But, without the greenhouse gases (like The_Masquerade said) Earth might be like Mars. Mars doesn't have an atmosphere and the average surface temperature is around -70 degrees Fahrenheit. We should just be glad that our average temperature isn't around 200 degrees Fahrenheit, like Venus.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

It is La Nina year in many places it will feel hotter and drier.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I thought that was El Nino! Either way, that's a ~7 year climatic cycle that affects the Southern Pacific region and its neighboring lands (off the top of my head anyway...)

There's lots of climatic cycles going on, but as for global warming (oh what a misnomer), we're already experiencing a number of 'more extreme' weather cycles compared to some decades ago, regardless of whether this is a result of human-related changes to the environment, or broader weather cycles, or both.

Either way, TheMasquerade has a point: beware the observer bias!

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

wat's a la nina year?
or el nino.

Younghoo
Younghoo
7 posts
Nomad

methane does it too

anailator23
anailator23
87 posts
Nomad

Carbon Dioxide actually causes less greenhouse effects than the water vapor in our atmosphere, and we can't get rid of that

Showing 1-15 of 16