Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

[answered]Community

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 27, '12 at 8:14pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Some people say that the forums are not needed (I'm talkin to you GhostofMatrix) but I completely disagree if the forums were taken off I might never play AG again also I hope that the threads will still be there in V3.

Posted Jan 27, '12 at 9:10pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,534 posts

Knight

Uhh.... what now?

Who says that AG3 won't have forums? Yes, there will probably be a forum wipe (sniff), but we'll still have forums; we'll just most likely lose all of the threads (sniff). It will be painful for many of us at first, but I'm sure eventually we'll all (sniff) adapt.

*blows nose*

Posted Jan 27, '12 at 9:13pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

You misunderstood me completely. If you read the stickied thread about the AG3 forums then you'll know that they may or may not wipe the forums.

Posted Jan 28, '12 at 4:22pm

SubZero007

SubZero007

401 posts

You should be able to see from a user's profile what Topics they are active in.
Example:
SubZero007 is active in:
AG3: Community Topic
Video Games: Skyrim Topic
Forum Games: Yggdrasil Topic and Wasteland:Deathkill Topic

Posted Jan 28, '12 at 8:31pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

314 posts

Well zero I am not sher if this topic is the one for putting that idea down on as it is a bit off topic but though that seems like a nice idea I am not sherh where you would put that info... the is not unlimated space on your profile for it and it would not be all that accerate, it would only be able to tell you by your last posts on a topic and it all would depend on what for engine they use, I like the sound of the idea but It would be more of a "this user seen last here" thing.

(Oh and i'z back I know GoM oh no! XD lol JK)

Posted Jan 29, '12 at 3:23am

loco5

loco5

1,289 posts

I hope they don't plan to wipe the, seeing as I will probably have a few RPGs running when it goes over

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 4:02am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,800 posts

@ Ernie15 : Bless you! *hands handkerchief*

And IMHO it would be a very bad thing to have the forae wiped, since there are several important threads in the forae. Everyone has his own preferences of course, but I can surely imagine that the AMW forum is going to be battled over by most of the AG users as it contains pieces of art that have been paid for with blood, sweat and tears! For that matter, same as I will be battling over my beloved CRBWC, MBWC and BotB threads!!! (o.O)
*draws sword*

@ SubZero007 : I think a lot of users will be marked as visiting all of the forae then... since you're bound to have checked into any out of the set of forae on AG! ;)

@ blk2860 : And to answer the thread's topic: I agree to disagree on what GhostOfMatrix, may-or may not, have said about the community forae not being needed anymore in the future!!
As a matter of fact, I personally think it's the backbone of the AG community!! Without this the community would have surely collapsed really quick! And I for one wouldn't have been a member of it for sure! ;)

Conclusion : The forae must stay! I say! Hearye! Hearye! AG!

Posted Feb 6, '12 at 9:36pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

314 posts

ye silly mr.Daycee I doth agree with thouw, thou i thinkist that the forae with have a good chance of being overtaken by deletion! we can only hope (and complane alot...) that the those mightyer than the mods... the admins... and all thos people show mercies on the poor beloved wretched beast we all know at DA FORAE (translation:the forum).we must unite to fight for the casue(though it won't do that much good...) of the forum not being overtaken by thoust evil things of deletion!
*draws on paper!...no no... DARWS computer!*

(P.S. Mr.DayCee where have you been! one second your frolicing in "ye feild of AG3 BETA flowers" next... you gone :(

Posted Feb 14, '12 at 8:32pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,093 posts

To answer the question, no, the community will not be steamrolled and fed to the atomizer. The ArmorGames staff realizes the importance of the community and will thus keep it integrated into the site as a whole. The community is just not under a high priority, because they wish to complete the underlying parts of the site (that has new features and goodies and junk). They also want a fully made-from-scratch community. To do this, the community will either stay in this form or switch to a third-party community for the remainder of limbo (I'm betting mostly on the former) until the new creation is complete. Then AG2 will be fully transformed into AG3. The gray areas are whether or not stuff will go *BOOM* after the integration, meaning the threads that we know and love and stick in the Unwanted Thread Singularity when we're done. For that, you can discuss in one of the many stickies of AG3 we have in the forum. Other than that, the question is solved.