ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 182223
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell.

I don't. What's there to prove that there exists such places, other than the honey-sweet words of a religious authority, quoting from a book full of contradictions, which claims to present ''evidence'', yet contains none but a jumble of stories that no one has ever authenticated?

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

If your God has already laid a Divine Plan which stipulates all our actions, isn't He already deciding who goes to Heaven, or Hell, without allowing us a chance at all? Then why would we even be bothered?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

None. I wish there was, but nothing supports that claim. It's wishful thinking, to prepare you for death, or to make you behave.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

isn't He already deciding who goes to Heaven, or Hell, without allowing us a chance at all? Then why would we even be bothered?

No God is not already deciding who goes to Heaven or Hell. He decides at the end of your life when you die if you did enough good in your life to go to heaven or if you did more bad things to go to hell.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

No God is not already deciding who goes to Heaven or Hell. He decides at the end of your life when you die if you did enough good in your life to go to heaven or if you did more bad things to go to hell.

''This is the plan devised against the whole earth; and this is the hand that is stretched out against all the nations. ''For the Lord of hosts has planned, and who can frustrate it? And as for His stretched-out hand, who can turn it back?'' (Isaiah 14:26-27).

Doesn't this already show that God has decided everything for us; right down to where we go?
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

So with this passage is it saying that God has planned that we all go to Heaven because he has his stretched-out hand and who can say no.

Yes we are all going to go to heaven. We all go there to be judged. Those who are known by Jesus Christ as one of His disciples will enter heaven forever and the rest will enter hell.

When God created you and me he created us eternal. That means we have a beginning and no end. Now, that is a great gift or a great curse, and the person who decides is you. You can choose to live for God, or you can choose to live for yourself. Which ever choice you make will sort you out in the end. All decisions are made final upon your death, for eternity.

macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

I strongly believe that Heaven and Hell is real.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Er.....no who said the passage said we're all going to Heaven? It merely states that God has planned all, a plan for the whole Earth.

When God created you and me he created us eternal. That means we have a beginning and no end. Now, that is a great gift or a great curse, and the person who decides is you. You can choose to live for God, or you can choose to live for yourself. Which ever choice you make will sort you out in the end. All decisions are made final upon your death, for eternity.

Kind of contradicts the Bible passage I just quoted you, doesn't it?
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

It would be too late when you find yourself in hell. You would wish you were a Christian. Many people have been to heaven or hell and back to earth. They all have the same types of descriptions.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

It would be too late when you find yourself in hell. You would wish you were a Christian. Many people have been to heaven or hell and back to earth. They all have the same types of descriptions.

Again, without backing your ''facts'' up? Acting in a ''Holier-Than-Thou'' attitude?

Many people have been to heaven or hell and back to earth. They all have the same types of descriptions.

Evidence for the former.

Also, want to know why everyone said the same thing? When I say Hell, what do you think? Chances are, the vast majority of people think about a fiery burning pit of demons. That's why everyone says the same thing.

I would rather die, and find myself in Hell, than go through a life being subservient and bound to the whims of a Superior Being, who claims to love humanity, yet visits us with all sorts of natural disasters. I'll rather go through life as an atheist, than being under the celestial dictatorship of someone, who tells me if I don't follow his Word, I'm going to be punished for all eternity.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

It merely states that God has planned all, a plan for the whole Earth.

God has not planned for all, a plan for the whole earth no. He merly created the Erath and whole Universe and created us. So then we can make our own choices to do good or bad.

Many people have been to heaven or hell and back to earth. They all have the same types of descriptions.

Many people say they have been to heaven. They could just be saying that. But some could be real like this one:

true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear.

Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.

Told by the father, but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready, there is a coming last battle.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

But there could be things to do in Heaven like being an angel! If you become an angel you would help and guard people in the universe. There are many accounts of seeing angels.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

God has not planned for all, a plan for the whole earth no. He merly created the Erath and whole Universe and created us. So then we can make our own choices to do good or bad.

So.....how about reconciling that with the Scripture quote I gave?

But there could be things to do in Heaven like being an angel! If you become an angel you would help and guard people in the universe. There are many accounts of seeing angels.

Aren't angels non-human beings?

true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear.

Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.

Told by the father, but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready, there is a coming last battle.

Tomorrow, I shall find you the thread we had earlier, disproving this, but good night for now.

Ah, darn it. Found it.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Aren't angels non-human beings?

Yes angels are not human beings but the human being has a spirit in it and the body of the human being stays here on earth when the spirit goes to Heaven or Hell for eternity. In heaven your spirit can become an angel and serve God and Jesus Christ's will.

So.....how about reconciling that with the Scripture quote I gave?

So as your scipture said that God has a plan for all of un already this is not true because God has done miracles and brought Jesus to the earth to spread and show us that God is real and that you have to do good to go to heaven. So this means that God just trys to guide us to do good things in life to go to heaven and wants everyone to go to heaven. But we as humans can choose to do bad and in that way God will punish us for it by sending us to Hell.

Tomorrow, I shall find you the thread we had earlier, disproving this, but good night for now.

I read the thread and understand how this story is fake thank you for bringing this to my attention. See ya.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Yes angels are not human beings but the human being has a spirit in it and the body of the human being stays here on earth when the spirit goes to Heaven or Hell for eternity. In heaven your spirit can become an angel and serve God and Jesus Christ's will.

So, souls can become angels, or are angels souls? That would mean that in heaven when you become an angel, you loose your gender, right? Are genders therefore purely worldly things? How then would you explain people feeling themselves in the "wrong body with the wrong gender"?

Sorry, just a few thoughts popping up..
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

So, souls can become angels, or are angels souls? That would mean that in heaven when you become an angel, you loose your gender, right? Are genders therefore purely worldly things? How then would you explain people feeling themselves in the "wrong body with the wrong gender"?

I will try to answer your questions and maybe you can put in some of your views of Heaven and Hell.

So, souls can become angels, or are angels souls?

Yes souls can become angels if you get accepted into Heaven by God.

That would mean that in heaven when you become an angel, you loose your gender, right?

No, in Heaven you will not lose your gender your soul will still have your gender. Not ever soul that goes to heaven will become a angel only the soul's that show outstanding goodness and help will become angels. It is like how to become a moderator here.

Are genders therefore purely worldly things? How then would you explain people feeling themselves in the "wrong body with the wrong gender"?

Since I said that you will not lose your gender these questions are answered.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I have to go now but keep discusing the concept of thought of heaven and hell. Do you beleive in it?

How would it feel to live for eternity?

Showing 1-15 of 811