ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 182673
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

The problm is we don't know if the monks made a mistake copied the Bible.

But how do you know then if the Bible you read, the Bible I've read, the Bible others have read is/are true?

Greetings
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

But how do you know then if the Bible you read, the Bible I've read, the Bible others have read is/are true?

Well this is a quetion only a preist that has studied the Christain religion can answer. But I will try in my own opinion. Well some things in the Bible are not true but the places, people and the whole message is true I beleive. Like I said a religion is defined by specific beleifs so everything might not be true because every beleif is not true but there are still things that are true like Jesus Christ being a real man.
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

The problm is we don't know if the monks made a mistake copied the Bible.

The sea of reeds/red sea mistranslation is one clear mistake that was made. When you consider the centrality of such a story, the presence of a mistake makes very salient the possibility of other mistakes. I'm sure a quick Google search would yield a wealth of possible mistakes/mistranslations.

But more to the point of Christianity - it is quite clear that the apostle Paul used Mithraism as the basis for the character of Jesus. The similarities are just too striking. And given that he lived and wrote in Tarsus, the 'mecca' of Mithraism, the possibility is actually very, very likely. Most of the stories in the Bible have been told and retold for thousands of years, so why would the story of Jesus be any different?
If you are unfamiliar with Mithra, I'd suggest doing a quick internet search. When I say the similarities between Mithra and Jesus are striking, I'm not exaggerating at all. After learning about it, I went from an atheist who thought that Jesus was some guy who was misinterpreted to thinking that Jesus never existed.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

but there are still things that are true like Jesus Christ being a real man.

As stated earlier, there's nothing more to that. High chance that he actually existed, as a historical figure, but nothing else proves more about him.
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

Well this is a quetion only a preist that has studied the Christain religion can answer. But I will try in my own opinion. Well some things in the Bible are not true but the places, people and the whole message is true I beleive. Like I said a religion is defined by specific beleifs so everything might not be true because every beleif is not true but there are still things that are true like Jesus Christ being a real man.

Thank you for your answer.

Greetings
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

but there are still things that are true like Jesus Christ being a real man.

I really don't think he was. But see above.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

New souls are just what they sound like. Every day more people exist on earth than the day before. So their bodies must be occupied by souls. But all the souls have already been 'recycled' into other bodies or are otherwise occupied. So you need new souls for these new people.

Okay so say that you are born you have a new soul you live that life die then go into animal form. What happens after animal form when you die do you go to Heaven and live there or do you go into another body?
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

As stated earlier, there's nothing more to that. High chance that he actually existed, as a historical figure, but nothing else proves more about him.

Then I don't get why people would make stories about him and how it connects with God and everything. Why would 2 billion people beleive in the Christain faith/religion. There has to be some truth in Christainity.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Thank you for your answer.
Greetings

Wow thanks I didn't think you would actually aceppt my answer.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

To bring this rant back around on topic if the stories aren't real and this is the only place we hear of the concept of Hell as a place of punishment, where does this leave the validity of Hell existing?

Well the Bible or anywhere doesn't clearly describe Hell. Really it is up to the minds of people do think of what hell is.

I know that you think that everything in the bible is fake but here is an explaination of Hell from a Christain stand point. I think.

The question of why hell exists has perplexed many people through the ages. Countless have asked, "If God is so good, why would He create a place like hell?" This is similar to asking, "If our government is so good, why would it create prisons?" The answer seems simple enough - places like hell and prisons exist because some people will choose to do the wrong thing, and because of that, they need to be punished. It is fairly easy to understand how this reasoning applies to the existence of prisons, but does it really pertain to hell as well?

In the biblical Creation account found in the book of Genesis, no mention is made of a place called hell. Everything that God made during the time of Creation was good. However, the Bible tells us in Matthew 25:41 that hell was later prepared for "the devil and his angels" (see also Isaiah 14:12). God did not create hell for man; it was never His intention that any man or woman should go to hell. In 2 Peter 3:9, we learn that God does not want "anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

What is hell? Hell is a real place. We know this from many verses in the Bible, several of them spoken by Jesus, Himself; and we know that the wicked and unrighteous will go there when they die. So once again, we are back to the main point that God is good, and life in hell is terrible, so why would God create such a place? Even though hell was initially created to hold Satan and the angels that fell with him, there will also be men and women in hell.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Okay so say that you are born you have a new soul you live that life die then go into animal form. What happens after animal form when you die do you go to Heaven and live there or do you go into another body?

I believe the Buddhists taught that people can break free of their animal forms when they accrue enough karma, and be reincarnated as humans again. For Buddhists, they keep getting reincarnated.

Then I don't get why people would make stories about him and how it connects with God and everything. Why would 2 billion people beleive in the Christain faith/religion. There has to be some truth in Christainity.

Because in the past, there was nothing to believe in, because science had not developed to the point of explaining, say, how the Earth came about. Or why there were earthquakes. Or plagues. The easy way out would be to attest it all to a supernatural being. Hence, religion by the time science developed to the point of explaining such stuff, was already well entrenched in the minds of people. It's hard to get rid of something that has existed for millennia.

Also, people believe because, hey, people like to feel that someone is watching over them, or that they are somehow special enough for the Divine to look after, blah blah. Reeks of egotism to me.

Let's get it straight. Just because many people believe in something, does not mean it's true.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Right. So now the Bible is using itself as a justification tool to proof stuff that was written in it? Bad logic again.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

What is hell? Hell is a real place.

I think Mage could tell you a nice story about that and hell starting out as a dumpsite that with time turned into the current concept we have of it..^^
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Go on, call him in, I'm dying to listen to it!

Showing 181-195 of 811