Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Heaven and Hell?

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 4:33pm

44Flames

44Flames

594 posts

@thebluerabbit

so tell me. why is christianitys point any more real then the islams point?

I never said that chriatianity's point was anymore real than islams point. It all depends on when you die what God do you go to and if you are "lucky" to beleive in that religion. I am just expressing what Christains belive in it might be right or wrong.

@AbathaB

What does matter is that you never answered any of my questions from the previous page.

I cannot answer ever question you throw at me maybe someone else can answer it but I will try to answer/ discuss some.

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 4:33pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

please respond to my latest comment too

Also God is real he brought Jesus to earth who perfomed miracles, and healed the blind, sick, cripple and the deaf. And also teached people of how God exists and what he can do.

already said. you cant say: "this story is true because this story sais so". every fairytale has a story and characters to witness it.

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 4:34pm

AgathaB

AgathaB

151 posts

So then everything just aligned and somehow was created with pure luck?

Is that the only two choices you have, luck or design? Of course it didn't come by chance. But by the same token, of course it didn't come from design. The higher the improbability, the less plausible either of those become. Improbability is not evidence of deliberate design.

Anyway, I shan't continue here, since this particular discussion belongs in the god problem thread or any of a number of similar ones.

Let's conclude my stay in this thread.

Now lets try to encoperate Heaven and Hell into this. Back to the real questions is there a Heaven and Hell? What might it look like or feel like?

No, there is no Heaven or Hell. (I feel like I ought to add an 'in my opinion' here, in case that wasn't perfectly clear by now.)

But if there were, I suppose I'd want Heaven to be the same as life. Eternal joy is worth nothing if you can't measure against sadness and fear. And I suppose Hell might be a representation of one's worst fears, as in, everyone creates their own Hell.

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 4:36pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

I never said that chriatianity's point was anymore real than islams point. It all depends on when you die what God do you go to and if you are "lucky" to beleive in that religion. I am just expressing what Christains belive in it might be right or wrong.

never said you were. my point is that if god likes you you go to heaven. and if your unlucky your going to hell. im asking you to explain this.

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 4:36pm

44Flames

44Flames

594 posts

I really need some more Christians or people who know about Christianity to help answer all these questions. lol give me a minute.

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 4:42pm

44Flames

44Flames

594 posts

my point is that if god likes you you go to heaven. and if your unlucky your going to hell.

No, it is not if God likes you you go to heaven. You have to truely beleive in Jesus and God. You can't just say I beleive in Christianity all of a sudden. But I am sure when you are growing up almost everyone is going to hear about God and Jesus and it is their decision to beleive in that faith or not. But I understand how they are "unlucky" to beleive in another faith and that faith ends up to be fake when they die. It is unfair but that is the way it is sometimes.

I got to go for the rest of the day.

Talk with the other people discussing about.

What you think of living for eternity if you do and if what are your own views of Heaven and Hell?

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 4:54pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,026 posts

Knight

Haha, yeah, you arrive to the gates of heaven and get told, "well sorry I know you were quite a believer, sadly for you our lord is called Yahweh, not Allah. Bad luck, bye". Now tell me again about that all-loving god of yours..

Would it really kill him to give each human a thorough look and considerate actions/choices, instead of simply checking a one-case checklist about belief in jesus?

At least ancient Scandinavian myths were honest; if you die in combat, you get entrance to valhalla, everyone else gets to hel (not hell, mind you; hel). Or Greeks: everyone gets to Hades, except the really bad ones (most often those who offended the gods XD).

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 4:54pm

Roccess

Roccess

176 posts

You enrage me. Where is your proof your religion is the only correct one? I have nothing against other religions, niether should you.

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 4:55pm

Roccess

Roccess

176 posts

Flames does, not you, HahiHa.

Posted Feb 1, '12 at 4:57pm

Roccess

Roccess

176 posts

Actually, 'Enrage' isnt the correct word. More like 'Disagree heavily'.

Reply to Heaven and Hell?

You must be logged in to post a reply!