ForumsNews and FeedbackPost a game if you think it should be multiplayer

7 2290
TheUnlockableChicken
TheUnlockableChicken
136 posts
Nomad

Just post a game here if you think it should be multiplayer!!!
mine:
armor mayhem

• 7 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

What's the use of posting it here? To get a game to be multiplayer, the devs have to be contacted, persuaded, given lumps of cash since they are mostly independent devs and not affiliated to the site. It's their jobs for many of them, and odds that they do it for free are astronomically low.

Nor do the devs even come here, so if you want to even try, post it on their profiles.

TheUnlockableChicken
TheUnlockableChicken
136 posts
Nomad

What's the use of posting it here? To get a game to be multiplayer, the devs have to be contacted, persuaded, given lumps of cash since they are mostly independent devs and not affiliated to the site. It's their jobs for many of them, and odds that they do it for free are astronomically low.
Nor do the devs even come here, so if you want to even try, post it on their profile.

Im not being horrible or anything but you are starting to annoy me now by just giving me reasons why my post was pointless, stupid or doesn't make sense.Please stop it.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I'm not calling you stupid, just pointing out what would be the likely response to your thread. Deal with it.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

There is a whole ton of games that shouldn't be multiplayer. Actually, all the games should remove their options to play against people on the internet, since it creates a ton of stupid.
Somehow, instead of building up some kind of community, teamwork and proper, balanced behaviour, multiplayer games breaks all this down and leaves the players angry, frustrated, ready to jump at, not only each other's, but also everyone else's throat.

Anyway, Nicho is in his right to tell you how or why something works/wouldn't work. If you didn't want that, you should not have aired the idea in public.
If you want something specific done, like getting a certain franchise into the multiplayer world, you have to contact the developers, offer them a lot of money and then go from there.
Unless, of course, this isn't a suggestion at all, in which case you posted it in the wrong section.

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

There is a whole ton of games that shouldn't be multiplayer. Actually, all the games should remove their options to play against people on the internet, since it creates a ton of stupid.
Somehow, instead of building up some kind of community, teamwork and proper, balanced behaviour, multiplayer games breaks all this down and leaves the players angry, frustrated, ready to jump at, not only each other's, but also everyone else's throat.

I play multiplayer games very regularly and i don't really find it over frustrating rather than fun. If someone is really that depressed over a game, they should think about taking a break from the game. Playing against other users is more fun that playing against CPU. This is because you know that the opposition is actually real and you are able to have a conversation with each other. There are online games were you fight against CPU but with another player on the same team. The biggest problem i find is hacking and glitches; other than that, i don't see much of a problem with it. Perhaps you get the occasional troll but that's life.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Cen got all the trolls and flammers since he was a mod.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Yup.
I don't play multiplayer games on AG. I play City of Heroes once in a while, but since I don't play in PUGs, I dont actually interact much with other players.
Here on AG, as a mod, I did interact a lot with players, but outside the game. Not the hackers, but the people complaining about the hackers. Not the glitchers, but the people complaining about glitchers. Not the people abusing the rules of the game, swearing and cursing out other players, but people complaining about those people.
Many of those people have not shown any particular respect for the rules either, many have complaining about someone, but only through word against word.
As far as I can see from that, multiplayer games bring out the idiot in some people, and those people will be the most vocal of all the players.
My secondhand experience with how people act in multiplayer games is that they act like six-year-olds that just learned a bunch of new swear words, and not, say, teens or adults. Actually, that might be offensive to six-year-olds...

Either way, point is: I don't like multiplayer games. I don't like the games that goes through AGs server either, games you pay to play, all that. Why? Because apparently such things will only let thoughtless, insensitive people in. Or, rather, out in the forum.

Anyway, all rant and opinion aside, this is not the section for suggesting games to be made multiplayer. Such things should go with a cash prize to the developers.
This section isn't for asking others what they would want to see as a multiplayer game either, because that would not be a discussion related to AGv3, nor a suggestion or opinion for AGv3 or AG all together. So such a discussion should go in the flash game section instead.
The "Shut up and let me do this" mood does not belong here on this site in general, since you come off as one of those "I am right, and you are wrong, because I say so" people, and they tend to be the ones that will complain about a mod not being able to ban someone because they are given no evidence, then swear out the mod and end up banned, circumventing the ban, and making hate threads against those mods that are just doing their job, and I have a headache, so excuse my rant, I will shut up now.

Showing 1-7 of 7