ForumsGamesHow do you feel about MW3?

76 11573
JinShade
JinShade
16 posts
Nomad

I'm just here to just see how you think of the new Modern Warfare. At school I hear it sucks, and it does not suck. But now, I want to see how you the rest feel about it. Just a quick reply is all I want. Also no arguing its pretty ridiculous arguing over a game, and use common sense. Please and thank you!

• 76 Replies
v1ct0rym0n5t3r
v1ct0rym0n5t3r
33 posts
Nomad

the crossbow would be amazing and also the balistic knife would be good

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

Honestly how much you like this game depends on how much you liked MW2. This is probably the most expensive map pack ever. Lets list the differences between MW2 and MW3 shall we?

New campaign missions
New game mode and
New spec ops Missions
New Online Maps
And a Few New perks and guns

Sounds like dlc to me.

Titan106
Titan106
24 posts
Peasant

It's alright the online is a bit repetitive although the survival is great

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

it's pretty good not as good MP maps as black ops or MW2 the maps are far too small but other than that i like it but skyrims better

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

i hear it's like the previous one except with a few extra's, as many have dubbed it

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

i hear it's like the previous one except with a few extra's, as many have dubbed it

No. People who say that haven't played it or are just jumping on the bandwagon.
In my opinion MW2 was more fun. The map design was better, guns were pretty balanced, and I liked the perks more, excluding one man army, danger close, cold-blooded, last stand, and commando (use a noobtube with one man army and danger close, sit in the back of the map, and you won't die very often).
I mean, they have good points (except last stand, that's just useless and annoys people), but people abused those, and cold-blooded was just overpowered. They should've made one perk where it would keep you safe from air support and one to keep you safe from uavs then put them in the same perk slot. And as for one man army and danger close, they should've made it where you couldn't resupply noob tubes and make those do less damage.

MW3 almost got it right, but they put blind eye (keeps you safe from air support) into a separate slot, and assassin is kind of overpowered. If you look at what it does normal and the pro version then I'm sure you'll agree as well. Deathstreaks are still in the game, which makes playing it frustrating. There's one where someone can pull out a c4 and blow you away, it's as strong as a predator missile. Assault streaks seem weaker and almost useless since there are so many buildings on most maps, spawn protection is pretty long, and they can get shot down pretty easily. Revenge spawns make it bad, you kill someone then expect them to be right around the corner from you.
But they did do somewhat good with killstreaks/pointstreaks - they stack and you can choose whichever one to use first, and if you capture a flag, plant a bomb, etc, you get a point towards your killstreak. Only problem I have with it is that if you get a predator missile/whatever other kind of killstreak and don't use it, a second one you get doesn't stay.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

isn'r this something for in the "CoD put it here"topic?

anyway CoD (and any other modern day shooter in the last 7 year) sucks because the game is way to easy. every amateur can kill people because the game helps the player.

so instead of getting skill, people who play it simply use what the game gives them.
and the game is very slow. what i like in FPShooters is fast movement, fast aiming and no cover. cover is for sissy's.

and CoD. is providing non of that.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

On Metacritic CoD:MW3 has a User Score of 2.1/10. Some might say this is because of people downrating the game merely because they dislike the genre, but another game from the genre, Battlefield 3, has a User Score of 7.4/10, so that can't be the whole reason.

Metacritic has almost 2000 user reviews about MW3, which you can find here. It seems that one of the most common reasons is that people think it's just a "recycled" version of the previous games, with no real difference other than the graphics.

Perhaps the problem is that they're throwing too many games out on the market too frequently, rather than the quality of the games.

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Real quick, to help me start off. Hello, I'm finally back after...I believe it was a year. I got hammered and made a fool of myself.

On topic. I hate the game in it's entirety. The skill level of other people vs the skill level of me and my friends is laughable and makes for a very boring experience. I'm always getting stuck on SOME piece of the random debris or wall. In other words clipping. It takes half...or more of clip to kill someone. The maps are...pointlessly small and I feel like they never change the rotation. How many times can I play on Interchange before getting tired of Interchange. Plus...Call of Duty Elite is pointless. Now I'm not just bashing on MW3. I have A LOT of bad things to say about BF3, but that's not for this topic.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

and the game is very slow. what i like in FPShooters is fast movement, fast aiming and no cover. cover is for sissy's.

It doesn't sound like you've played CoD, or you're playing the slower modes like TDM, search and destroy, or sabotage. Go on something like domination/ground war and action is there every few seconds.
Perhaps the problem is that they're throwing too many games out on the market too frequently, rather than the quality of the games.

Exactly, but they don't care as long as they can make millions off of one game every year. I bet if they took two years to make a game, and actually take in what most of the community suggests then it'd be a good game.
It takes half...or more of clip to kill someone.

You're either not shooting them in the body (legs and arms make it take more bullets), you're holding down the trigger (burst firing with guns like assault rifles and smgs usually takes three-five bullets), or your connection is terrible. Or you're thinking about Black Ops, where the hit detection is bad.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

It doesn't sound like you've played CoD, or you're playing the slower modes like TDM, search and destroy, or sabotage. Go on something like domination/ground war and action is there every few seconds.

it's not about the amount of action, it is about the speed of the action. i'm used to aim for the head whitin 0,3 sec while doing acrobatic jumps, wall-dodge, dubble jumps and dodge-jumps around the map (and the enemy doing the same)
that is real fast action, not hiding behind cover and needing perks to kill beter skilled people then yourself.

btw yes ive played it. some friends of my wanted to play it on some LAN party so i joined in. 4 days of CoD. (after 6 hours i was able to fast scope, after 2 days i was killing them. and they play CoD alot) we played all modes
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

After playing for a while I realized there is a huge jump of campers from MW2. Which annoys me because I think campers are the lowest of the low in any game. A bit off topic: Does anyone know when the map packs are coming out for non-Premium Elite PS3 players?

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

You're either not shooting them in the body (legs and arms make it take more bullets), you're holding down the trigger (burst firing with guns like assault rifles and smgs usually takes three-five bullets), or your connection is terrible. Or you're thinking about Black Ops, where the hit detection is bad.

Normally I'd grunt to myself and not say anything back. Actually. I only fire 2-3 shots a pull. Its taken 3 years of CoD to learn how to do that. I admit I exaggerated a little bit. A lot of the time aiming at the body takes 5 shots. I just simply dont think that should happen. (I use the ACR by the way)
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Which annoys me because I think campers are the lowest of the low in any game.

It's a legitimate play style, especially in domination when you don't want to lose flags. I don't really see a use in camping in stuff like TDM or KC. I see camping as in holding down a building, high traffic area, anywhere a lot of people will be coming from and picking them off. It's not bad, but if you don't watch the kill cam, and just keep running the same route/not checking your corners instead of trying to flank then that's your fault. At least in MW3 people can't replenish claymores, or people would be abusing those all day.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

it's not about the amount of action, it is about the speed of the action. i'm used to aim for the head whitin 0,3 sec while doing acrobatic jumps, wall-dodge, dubble jumps and dodge-jumps around the map (and the enemy doing the same)
that is real fast action, not hiding behind cover and needing perks to kill beter skilled people then yourself.

You just described something like TF2
Which annoys me because I think campers are the lowest of the low in any game.

Campers can get annoying but its pretty easy to guess where they will be and throw a flash or something.
btw yes ive played it. some friends of my wanted to play it on some LAN party so i joined in. 4 days of CoD. (after 6 hours i was able to fast scope, after 2 days i was killing them. and they play CoD alot) we played all modes

I don't know if you know what LAN is but if you really were playing on LAN i can see why you would think COD is slow.
Showing 16-30 of 76