ForumsThe TavernWhy are pickles tasty?

15 2136
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Ok so what I was wondering is how many people actuly read the op to figure out what is going on, so if you read this post then reply to what is you favorite matress brand. I will put a taally up on my profile.

• 15 Replies
Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

i like just having a matressd at all xP i don't care what brand

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I personaly like the one's that have that memory foam and not springs, also the ones with springs always hurt my hands when I move it.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

The reason I don't know is because I sleep on a couch.

I used to do that until I got leather couches so it like traps in all the heat and gets uncomfortable
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I have pulled a thread off like this before, it helps even better if your OP is long, because even fewer will read it then.
Anyway, I do not have a favourite brand, I just want something to sleep on. A bunch of blankets would be alright. Not perfect, but alright. Better than sleeping on the floor.
But usually, spring mattresses over foam mattresses, they give better support.

TheGodZlo
TheGodZlo
106 posts
Shepherd

I don't think that pickles on their own are very tasty. But in sandwitches , hambugers etc. they rock!!!

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

I don't think that pickles on their own are very tasty
Lies!

Anyway, um, any bed that I can sleep on.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I have pulled a thread off like this before, it helps even better if your OP is long, because even fewer will read it then.

I actualy took the inspiration from you, I was curious to have this little experiment, next time I will try with a longer topic and op and set a seperste tally for it.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Favorite mattress brand? Considering my age (15), to the probability that i sleep well at nights, and the fact of my back not hurting when I get up in the mornings, and the fact that i have used two mattresses in my whole lifetime, I would have to go with Serta (since all three in my lifetime were/are Serta).

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

two mattresses in my whole lifetime, I would have to go with Serta (since all three in my lifetime were/are Serta).

A little bit of a discrepency there with your number of matresses
Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

I like Pickel Matresses. They are tasty. just kidding. but pickles are good.

SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

my favourite type of mattress? the one i sleep on.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

my favourite type of mattress? the one i sleep on.

I have always thought the same for my matress.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I can't tell one mattress from the other. To be honest, I don't even know what brand the mattress is that I sleep on. It isn't the sort of thing that I think about every night before going to sleep.

But personally I think that the pickle topic could generate a teensy-bit more discussion.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

But personally I think that the pickle topic could generate a teensy-bit more discussion.

Yea that was my fault there, I thought of the pickle topic first then I couldn't think of anything better to ask. I wish I did it the other way around because it would've been funnier when they get tricked but once I did it where my title was a bit misleading and my thread got hijacked by the title and as hard as I tried I couldn't change the topic back to what was intended.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I believe the bet way to do these things are to pick a title which the users can answer with one or two words. The "What eye colour do you have" type of thread. Why-questions might spark too much thought, and you don't get all the knobheads around. "Do you like cats or dogs?" might even be too much, because some people will rant about their pet for forever, trying to prove dogs/cats are the best, so perhaps we are left with something like "Wat b ur fave color?" for added insult.
Then, the OP should be long enough to make the same knobheads skip it, and you might end it off with: "So, disregard the following: [linebreak x2] What is your fave colour?" just to first of all change the topic for those reading the OP, and reassuring the rest that they are supposed to state a colour.
Lastly, the changed topic might as well be the reason why some people doesn't read the OP, which is an amusing discussion, but there is no requirement. However, leaving room for this beside the discussion you might want going on seems like a good idea.
Should probably have interchanged the topics for the same reason, since a what question will spark more replies than a why question.

I enjoy cucumber salad for the mixture of tastes, along with the crunch in home cooked types. Pickles isn't particularly common around here.

Showing 1-15 of 15