Forums

ForumsPopular Media

blk2860's Movie of the Week!

Posted Feb 11, '12 at 7:06pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

I figured since there's a song of the week, there should be a movie of the week, Hello on this thread I will post a movie that deserves the spotlight, [Note: If you have a suggestion, please comment on my page] So this thread's focus is movies [Also Note: No this is not a copy of song of the week.] Also if you post a comment on my page I will THINK ABOUT IT[/b] if your movie doesn't appear on here it may be on next week.

So also be sure to discuss the movies, no cussing please, if you don't like the movie I pick to go in the spotlight I'm sorry, now please enjoy and you may consider watching these movies, also if you don't like how I judge the movie that's your opinion.

Posted Feb 11, '12 at 7:12pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

This weeks movie is:

In Time!

This movie is about a futuristic world where people stop ageing at 25, then this clock in your wrist starts, when it runs out you die, this time is also used as money. The main character is a man who lives in a very poor time zone, where he goes to a bar an meets a man who's rich, he has over a century. It turns out he's 105, but he wants to die. He ends up getting his time and heads to the rich person time zone, but his time is taken and he meets this rich man's daughter and they become rebels I'm not giving anything else away.

Posted Feb 11, '12 at 7:51pm

daleks

daleks

3,183 posts

I have never seen this movie but there are a few things I wonder. Can people be killed if they still have time left? And if yes then do the people that kill them get the time or is the time lost?

Posted Feb 11, '12 at 8:36pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

Can people be killed if they still have time left? And if yes then do the people that kill them get the time or is the time lost?

From what I've read on Wiki, people can still die in other ways besides age. People sometimes illegally steal time from someone who dies, but otherwise it gets seized by government officials.

Posted Feb 12, '12 at 2:40am

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Anything else anyone wanna say? also I can clarify that you can kill someone besides with their time, and yes people steal it, of course if they don't a government official called a "Timekeeper" seizes it even though many of these Timekeepers don't have time, the time usually goes to banks.

Posted Feb 12, '12 at 3:43am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,853 posts

Knight

Nothing, except I was supposed to watch this for a girl; that is, until our time together got used up and vanished forever.

Posted Feb 13, '12 at 5:12pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

That's not what happens, their lifeless bodies just fall onto the ground, so basically that's it nothing else?

Posted Feb 20, '12 at 9:08pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

This week's movie is:

Chronicle! 

This movie starts out with a teenager named Andrew who gets a video camera, (Just a heads up, most of the movie is seen from Andrew's camera) his dad drinks and his mom is dying he has a cousin named Matt that takes him to school every day. Matt is a cool dude who survives the entire movie, he drives Andrew to school each day and is his cousin he feels that Andrew is isolated behind his camera, he has a friend named Steve. Steve is a black teenager who was in Andrew's class in Freshman year, Matt is friends with him. At first it's pretty boring, building up story, But then Andrew and Matt are at a party where eventually Andrew runs outside, later on Steve walks up to get Andrew to bring his video camera to see something Matt, Steve, and Andrew walk up to this hole where a loud sound is coming from when they go down it, after a bit of spelunking they find this glowing... thing. It messes with the camera a bit, then Steve touches it, some unknown thing happens and it turns out that they get Telekinetic powers, not giving anything else away. Will they make a sequel? (Spoiler Alert.)

Probably not. because Steve and Andrew died, and Matt left the camera in Tibet, I do not know this for sure.

Posted Jul 1, '12 at 9:37pm

Kreitmaker

Kreitmaker

259 posts

I never even heard of that movie. What year did it come out?

Posted Jul 2, '12 at 12:55am

AngelOfDemon

AngelOfDemon

315 posts

Chronicle is one of the greatest movies of 2012. It may have been a little on the shirt side and the ending was pretty bad, but the action in that movie was only matched by The Avengers

Reply to blk2860's Movie of the Week!

You must be logged in to post a reply!