ForumsSupport ForumLegal question

10 3450
quackofalltrades
quackofalltrades
6 posts
Nomad

if you are a game maker, and you submit a game, do you still have full legal rights and ownership of that game?

• 10 Replies
Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

Yes I think you do why don't you post tghis to a game maker.

quackofalltrades
quackofalltrades
6 posts
Nomad

Specifically, can I take my game down if I get a sponsorship offer from another site?

quackofalltrades
quackofalltrades
6 posts
Nomad

just in case i need to put in a logo or something.

I wanted to actually get sponsorship here, but the contact page isn't working, so I instead used the submit page, which isn't normally what I do.

Girl_Power2
Girl_Power2
126 posts
Nomad

Oh are you gonna make a game?And ask a mod or admin for sponsership!

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

I'd wait for the contact page to come back up, it might just be a temporary thing.
By getting sponsorship from AG, I'm pretty sure you're committed to that sponsor. You certainly wouldn't be able to drop someone's sponsorship in favor of someone else once everything is "finalized."
Naturally, the game is still copyrighted to you, but sponsorship is a separate contractual obligation and a breach of that contract would be... unadvised.
Dan and John deal with this stuff all the time so see what you can work out with those guys. At the very least, just submit the game here without sponsorship and see how it does. If it gets a lot of hits then you're in a better position to negotiate advertising rights anyway. Of course if it flops, then you're kinda hosed
But I haven't seen much sponsoring of games that aren't either a) already established by themselves or b) from a well known and established development team (or both).

quackofalltrades
quackofalltrades
6 posts
Nomad

oh the game is already made and such.

I'm just wondering since I sent it by creating a new account (hence the lack of profile picture) and filling out the submit form, instead of sending an e-mail. I couldn't find any terms or conditions on the submit page though, so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't like giving up my rights or something.

I'm sorry if I was unclear.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

Check here:
[url=http://armorgames.com/page/help#sponsorship]

quackofalltrades
quackofalltrades
6 posts
Nomad

Just successfully sent an e-mail to John.

Well, I don't mean sponsorship at specifically another site. I'm just talking about sponsorship in general. A sponsorship here would be great!

I just wanted to make sure that submitting my game normally does not "void" my chances at sponsorship in the future, and if it did, that I could take down my submission, maybe put in a logo, and then put it back up.

I've sort of had a similar problem on newgrounds.

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Basically if you need to remove your file we will help you do that. You can't do it manually but if you get a new file or something like that we can do it for you.

And yes you retain the rights to your file... you are just letting us host and use your file on our site.

quackofalltrades
quackofalltrades
6 posts
Nomad

Thanks a lot. Really sorry to have caused so much trouble.

Hopefully my game will clear the admins, and I guess I'll take it from there.

Showing 1-10 of 10